Phoenix Maplewood But I'm here to remind you what's lost is never gone
confidence, charisma, character
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
"Arrogant," snapped Saena as she lurched into motion, splashing across the brook with the intent to put Wildfire in her place, like one of her own subordinates. Her ears pressed up on her head and she bore down on the other wolf with all the mean intent she could muster. "You—they—don't own this place. It's miles from that stinking mountain. You don't get to tell me whether I can be here or not. I've more right than you." Maybe she'd have left it at that, but Wildfire's reasonable attempts at conveying her concern came to Saena like physical threats, and soon enough she was consumed by sickening fury enough to match the day she'd suddenly remembered. So-called Drageda was easily twenty miles from the maple wood, so what she perceived as a threat in Wildfire's concern was so stupidly unnecessary to her that it put Saena into such a blind rage, she went for Wildfire without even thinking about it.

It took only three seconds for her to lunge and connect with the younger wolf's shoulder, and then both went tumbling to the ground when Wildfire whipped her head around to retaliate in defense. Saena broke away with a stinging slash across her cheek, and roared, "let them come, then! Let them feel my teeth." Saena did not have vulnerable young to worry about this time. If the wolf from the river wanted to come find her, crossing a hundred miles to seek her in her new home, Saena welcomed her with open arms. She would feel the ferocity of the Redleaf bitch, and all of Duskvale, at long last.

With that thought, she lunged again, and tore into her half-sibling with a ferocity born of rage and fear both. The smell of smoke on Wildfire sent her natural anxiety skyrocketing, and soon she was attacking ruthlessly. It was the black wolf at the river who threatened Phoenix Maplewood, and it was Esaro who was too stupid to follow orders who precipitated the war, but it was unfortunate Wildfire who took the brunt of Saena's anger from all those months ago. Being an adept hunter, Wildfire fought back, and fought back well, but when it was over, it was the more experienced Saena who was still standing, albeit shakily. She breathed raggedly, and she hurt all over, but she kept her feet for now. She bled from nearly a dozen places, the worst being a wide, deep gash near her belly that freely dripped blood down her side, and it would take months for her to fully heal from it, but by some miracle—adrenaline, maybe, or sheer stubbornness—she did not fall.

Saena didn't take time to examine the damage she'd done to Wildfire, though, for she needed to be away from here before her strength did give out. She spat blood from a bitten tongue into the brook, lifted a leg to urinate alongside Wildfire as if to leave a signature, (cut short by a dizzy spell that made her stumble), then turned and limped slowly away, leaving her half-sibling behind to serve as a warning.

Have permission to powerplay hits.
Messages In This Thread
RE: But I'm here to remind you what's lost is never gone - by Saēna - November 21, 2016, 07:14 PM