Qeya River they sent me away to find them a fortune
men are haunted by the vastness of eternity
12 Posts
Ooc — torvi
All Welcome 
[table width=85%][tr][td]
The devourer kept on the move. From the Witches Marsh he moved north. The Teekon Wilds were an unknown to him and without the mental map of the lands he ventured forward with purpose and the tempered caution of a wanderer in unfamiliar lands. His focus had been so singular on Ragnar's abandoned legacy, left to the wastes of the Norns who begged for him to take the helm and carry his father's legacy on the back of his own. The Devourer. The Ravenous. His title proceeded him, at least in the vast Eldingar Valley but here he was nameless. Faceless. His name(s) were not whispered upon their lips cautious attuned to the old saying “speak of the devil and he shall appear”. He missed the recognition but Rigr was not blind to the rare opportunity this presented him with. He looked little like his father and any wise conqueror knew that the best place to start was always with information. Berserkers flew into battle like demons, in a hot and unquenchable rage. It was an acquired taste and accordingly, the quickest poison was not always the best. This he had not learned from his battle mentors. In part, his strategical mind was inherited from his father ...but also his mother. The (perhaps once) pure and innocent Gala was clever and cunning and her wisdom was a treasure.

The morning sun broke over the horizon as the scarred northman drew nearer to a river, steps slowing as he acquainted himself with the land for a moment, bi-colored gaze following a large chunk of sea ice that floated past him lazily. His breath left his lips in white furls of warm steam that writhed into the air before it dissipated. It reminded him of home. With thoughtful steps he neared the bank of the river — ears alert to pick up the tell-tale sounds of ice shifting under weight in case he'd mistaken earth for snow covered ice. Besides the crunch of the snow underfoot as his weight shifted carefully the ground was silent and solid. With head bent he lapped at the icy cold waters of the river.
[/td][/tr][/table]
and so we ask ourselves:
will our actions echo across the centuries?
Messages In This Thread
they sent me away to find them a fortune - by Rigr - November 23, 2016, 03:10 PM
RE: they sent me away to find them a fortune - by Coelacanth - November 30, 2016, 08:16 AM
RE: they sent me away to find them a fortune - by Rigr - December 03, 2016, 06:37 AM