Hushed Willows i dreamed about the ghosts
bowsprit
231 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
In his lonely little routine, he couldn't keep track of the time since the other Ostregas departed the Keep. First Pippin, a distant, old memory barely more than a name now. Then Mordecai, even after a fleeting return. Finally, the nails in the coffin of his hopeful spirits, Larkspur and Harlyn. Although they at least parted ways after leaving him more informed.

Silas had, albeit with reluctance, opted on his own to stay behind when Harlyn said she was taking Larkspur to her homeland for advanced healing. She said they'd be fine on their travel and that they would return when the time was right -- although he worried about how these colder days might make it all take even longer. He trusted his mother to the ends of the world and back so now it became his duty to wait here for them, and all the others who were scattered to the winds, to return. This had become the home he knew better than others, so it was the safest choice.. but not the easiest. It still became a heavy weight for him to carry.

Since it had been one long stream of occasional disappointments for him as long as he could remember, none of this was really too new for him, but that didn't make it any less bitter. He continued to not make any significant noise among the pack, and hopefully fly underneath the radar as he sorted through his complex grief by himself. Sometimes he stayed near the Crook and others he didn't, just because the thought of interacting with too many faces sounded downright terrible. Without Larkspur and Harlyn there, and with the young in the pack a little harder to avoid the more active they were, he had sometimes just found it easier to crash wherever he landed.

Which as he awoke sometime after sunrise covered in a thin layer of frost in a random spot between the trees, he vaguely regretted that choice on this day. Winter had come upon the willows and was making sure they felt it today. Silas grumbled, stretched, and began to get moving to get the blood flowing -- and hopefully some heat generated as he fluffed up his dark coat. His path cut towards the Crook's vicinity, although more precisely was towards a cache near there he often refilled. He wouldn't feel guilty about searching it for some motivational breakfast, but still groggy and bleary-eyed, Silas wasn't going in any sort of hurry yet.
i need to work through some post-lark/harlyn leaving rambles
Messages In This Thread
i dreamed about the ghosts - by Silas - December 04, 2016, 04:09 AM
RE: i dreamed about the ghosts - by Stark - December 04, 2016, 09:27 PM
RE: i dreamed about the ghosts - by Silas - December 05, 2016, 01:06 AM
RE: i dreamed about the ghosts - by Stark - December 05, 2016, 01:36 AM
RE: i dreamed about the ghosts - by Silas - December 05, 2016, 02:36 AM