Blackfeather Woods Am I still your daughter?
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
SORRY, THIS GOT A LIL BIT LONG

As she spoke, Kove took note of her responses, both verbally and physically. He’d quirked a brow when it seemed as if she had lacked surprise whilst meeting Atshen, ready to ask questions but refusing to do so. It’d been a long while since he’d last seen her, and he didn’t want to ruin the meeting by interrogating her. Rather, he’d focused on what she was saying, as well as how his inquiry had been answered. Then when it’d been turned back on him, he’d smiled, welcoming the question even if it had likely been asked out of habit alone. “I’m good, too,” had been his response, just as simple as her own. It wasn’t entirely true, however, but he’d decided against weighing her down with his troubles. Had he been there to raise her, perhaps he might have felt more comfortable doing so, but given the circumstances surrounding their relationship he didn’t bother. It would not have been fair to her, he’d told himself, and so he’d fallen quiet after that.

His lips parted, a question on his tongue, but he’d silenced himself as Desna had begun speaking. So many words had been spoken, and, within them, he’d found his answer—she had met with Xan, who had told her of their younger siblings. It made sense, as well as made him curious. If they were to be something close to neighbours, then that meant she knew where he was living. He’d considered asking her about the boy’s whereabouts but had decided against it in favour of keeping her life as the topic. It’d been nice to hear that the two were getting along, as well as about Desna as an individual. He’d practically beamed when she’d mentioned her trade, unable to feel anything but pride, despite all that had happened between them in the past. “I’m glad you two are getting along okay, and that you came to visit,” he began, his younger son momentarily forgotten. Continuing, the Inuk said, “When you were younger, I never would have thought that you’d become a Ranger. But I’m proud of your accomplishments—I’m sure your mom would be, too.” There’d been a brief pause in his words as he’d considered bringing Scarlett up, recalling how badly things had gone the last time they’d spoken. With the words having spilled from his lips already, however, he’d prepared himself to own up to whatever might be thrown at him, should there be anything at all.

The suddenness of her next statement had taken him by surprise, leaving him to blink at her once or twice as the words were processed. Never had he imagined any of his children becoming parents themselves, mainly because he couldn’t think of anyone being good enough for his daughters, and then Xan’s personality was known for keeping everyone away. “Somewhat?” he’d questioned, curious about what she could have meant by using such wording. “How many?” A part of him didn’t want to believe that he could possibly be old enough to be a grandfather, and so he’d tried to hold off from thinking that way until he had more details. By then, though, the shock had faded and been replaced by the smile he’d previously worn. Whilst he wanted more answers before getting worked up, he couldn’t help but feel a sliver of excitement already. Not only was his youngest daughter—Astrid had easily been forgotten—raising children, but she’d felt as if she could share that sort of information with him. It pleased him greatly, but also made him yearn for a life that he could never again have.

Atshen’s voice drew in his attention, and so he’d glanced at the boy. Though reading children had always been difficult for him, the confusion scrawled across the child’s face had been obvious enough that a blind man could have seen it. Nodding, he’d said, “She is your sibling.” After that, he’d paused, thinking over how he might best explain their relation. After some careful consideration, he’d decided to just dive right into it, and then go back and explain further should it be necessary. “Before I was with your mother, I had loved another woman,” explained the man. “She and I had children together—your older siblings. Desna is one of them, and then there’s your brother Alexander, and sisters Sesi and Nanook. She’s your sister.” As he finished, he’d looked back towards Desna, wondering if she had anything else to add.
Messages In This Thread
Am I still your daughter? - by RIP Valette - December 14, 2016, 08:24 AM
RE: Am I still your daughter? - by Atshen’s Ghost - December 14, 2016, 09:31 AM
RE: Am I still your daughter? - by Kove - December 16, 2016, 01:59 AM
RE: Am I still your daughter? - by RIP Valette - December 17, 2016, 09:57 AM
RE: Am I still your daughter? - by Atshen’s Ghost - December 17, 2016, 12:42 PM
RE: Am I still your daughter? - by Kove - December 19, 2016, 12:36 AM
RE: Am I still your daughter? - by RIP Valette - December 19, 2016, 04:55 AM
RE: Am I still your daughter? - by Atshen’s Ghost - December 19, 2016, 12:04 PM
RE: Am I still your daughter? - by Kove - January 01, 2017, 03:30 AM
RE: Am I still your daughter? - by RIP Valette - January 01, 2017, 06:56 AM
RE: Am I still your daughter? - by Kove - March 05, 2017, 03:55 AM