Blackfeather Woods Am I still your daughter?
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
[table][tr][td valign=center] [/td][td]
There was no better place than with his daughter that he could think of for the children to grow. With her, they were safe, and far more likely to reach adulthood than if they were to be brought into the woods. Perhaps, if ever questioned about it, he would tell Nemesis that the children had perished. Childbirth was a stressful matter, after all, both for the mother and her unborn children. It did not seem too far-fetched that the whelps could have died prior to taking their first breaths. Yes, he decided, that was the story that he would tell, should Atshen share with his mother the news of Desna’s visit; he knew not if the woman was aware of his daughter’s home, but saved the thought anyways, just in case it might someday be needed.

Hearing her refer to him as dad made the Inuk smile, genuinely glad to learn that he could still wear that title. He was aware of his absence and, though there was little he could have done to have changed everything, knew that it had surely burned bridges between him and his daughters. Not entirely, it seemed, but it would take some time before everything could be rebuilt. Time, however, was something that he wanted to believe he had plenty of. “It would be nice if you could always be kind,” he commented. “But you’re right, you can’t always be. Never let someone walk all over you, okay? Don’t let them treat you any less than what you deserve.” He wished, then, that he could go back in time to keep himself from turning into a hypocrite. He had been cruel to Scarlett, that he had finally realized, but could not make it up to her. All he could do was be there for their children now, to make sure that they were always safe and never put down.

Directions to her home were given, which Kove was, in all honesty, rather surprised by. Happy, too, but primarily surprised. No matter, he nodded and said, “I’ll make sure to visit as soon as I can.” He was curious, both to see her home and the life that she led. There was also something that he wanted to ask her, a request of sorts, but chose to save it until his visit. “Be careful, Desna,” he told her, knowing nothing of the Hinterlands or what sorts of beings lived there. “Good luck with your travels.” With that, he saw her off, following after her until she’d cleared the woods. After making sure that she didn’t turn around, Kove returned to the forest, feeling better than he had in a long time.
[/td][td valign=center] [/td][/tr][/table]
Messages In This Thread
Am I still your daughter? - by RIP Valette - December 14, 2016, 08:24 AM
RE: Am I still your daughter? - by Atshen’s Ghost - December 14, 2016, 09:31 AM
RE: Am I still your daughter? - by Kove - December 16, 2016, 01:59 AM
RE: Am I still your daughter? - by RIP Valette - December 17, 2016, 09:57 AM
RE: Am I still your daughter? - by Atshen’s Ghost - December 17, 2016, 12:42 PM
RE: Am I still your daughter? - by Kove - December 19, 2016, 12:36 AM
RE: Am I still your daughter? - by RIP Valette - December 19, 2016, 04:55 AM
RE: Am I still your daughter? - by Atshen’s Ghost - December 19, 2016, 12:04 PM
RE: Am I still your daughter? - by Kove - January 01, 2017, 03:30 AM
RE: Am I still your daughter? - by RIP Valette - January 01, 2017, 06:56 AM