Neverwinter Forest where is your sanctuary? where is your rest?
ásabragr
641 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Guardian
[table width=85%][tr][td]
Ondine's smile was weak and the concern that furrowed the scarred northman's brow was unbidden. For the first time, Kjalarr realized how utterly selfish he'd been this whole time. He'd worried after his own fear like it was the most important thing. Never once had he stopped to consider if she was afraid ...or if she was strong enough to survive bringing his ...their children into the world. Until this moment when he took in her weak smile he'd never even considered it. All at once, the guilt threatened to choke him as it washed over him like a tidal wave unleashed. He assumed that all births were smooth and that the mother survived every time but a small voice in his head told him that, surely, this couldn't be true or a realistic view of childbirth (it only went to prove his utter inexperience at this). He considered that perhaps he should make a sacrifice to Frigga, so that she might lend Ondine and his children the strength to survive the ordeal.

First, his concern was the mother of his children. At her invitation he grasped the groundhog and entered the birthing den, looming over his mate for a moment to place the kill close to her so she did not have to stretch or go very far for it before he laid down, curling his body around her's without invitation, offering her a series of licks to her cheek and then her ear if she allowed it. “Eat,” Kjalarr encouraged in a low murmur to her ear where he aimed to nibble playfully before he would draw his muzzle back. “You need your strength.” If I could give you my strength, I would.
[/td][/tr][/table]

please send all PM's to kivaluk

1/3 threads
you still wonder if you're
a ferocious beast or a saint
but you're neither because
you're infinitely more —

Messages In This Thread
where is your sanctuary? where is your rest? - by Kjalarr - December 15, 2016, 03:14 PM
RE: where is your sanctuary? where is your rest? - by Kjalarr - December 17, 2016, 05:56 AM