Sleeping Dragon i have watched holy men immolate on the banks of Nile
what do i do after all this survival?
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Pack Activity 
Thread 1 of 2. Thread 2 will be stared once I get home from work. This is mandatory for those going along. This will only require one reply. Everyone will meet up to the north in the next thread. Please reply as quickly as possible! @Dio @Wildfire @Rebekka @Freyja @Hush @Portia @Tanja @Chessur @Hvitserk @Eske @Seff

Each morning, Thuringwethil finds herself drawn to the geyser field. Most of the time, she sticks near the rendezvous site but the activity of the field has changed even since she’d been back. She tries to recall the day before the supermoon, if the geysers had been this active at the time, but the memory hadn’t been important enough to store away. Now, she knows what to look for and the dragon has been less than welcoming as they approach the winter. Snow covers most of the ground in certain parts of their claim and surrounding territories but there are patches where the ground is too warm. It had been that way earlier in the year, at the end of winter, but not this as much as she’s discovered.

The geyser field, as expected, has erupted in more than half of those active. Her jaw tightens and she turns her head to see a puff of smoke overhead high upon the mountain. Her ears drop against her head, angling her nose upward to release an urgent song to call her wolves to her.

Before she finishes, the ground moves beneath her. It nearly throws her off her feet but her howl ends abruptly and a wave of panic tears through her chest. This is something that’s wrong. The elk from the first time had been nothing more than their last meal before the ground grew tired of their presence. Thuringwethil howls a second time, more urgent and with more direction: leave and reconvene to the north. In that moment, she doesn’t know exactly where she’s going but her feet will lead her. She rushes back toward the territory to find the rest of her wolves before it is too late, ushering them out to safety. Doing her best not to worry about those she cannot find, she reminds herself they are all capable and intelligent enough to know what to do in their time of need and she will see them on the other side.
Trigedasleng · Common
all that wanting, all that aching, all that capacity for love:
it never belonged to you in the first place
Messages In This Thread
i have watched holy men immolate on the banks of Nile - by Antumbra - December 18, 2016, 11:10 AM