The Sentinels what if the storm ends, and i don't see you
slowly drifting, wave after wave
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
Pack Activity 
Thundersnow. Strong winter snowstorms and blizzards commonly produce lightning strikes, a phenomenon referred to as 'thundersnow'. Lightning and thunder can occur with any type of winter precipitation - including snow, sleet ('thundersleet') and freezing rain.

skellige had gone, disappeared. so strong was her keening that she felt all the spirits must know of it! she was restless, and hurt in a place she did not know could ache. those willing and unwilling had gone from her, and she wept herself to sleep. she did not know it, but her lips mouthed a wrathful curse in the first of her nightmares.

the strangest of scents caused deirdre to rouse—it tickled her nostrils, and caused them to wrinkle. when her emerald eyes opened she could see only white. the world raged around her, and she rose to all fours. there was a fork of lightning in the distance, and deirdre watched it lash against a proud sentinel. it was not the first to be struck, but the first she witnessed. 

deirdre ran to her fathers grave. snow and smoke were prominent, and deirdre threw her head back to call to donnelaith to flee. i will find you, she promised. take the cubs and find shelter! she imagined she would die when the forest did, but knew now her responsibility to the family that remained was greater than this. but she could not leave him without saying goodbye, without asking, too, for his guidance. 

a tree broke before her, and barred her path. but another, still living and screaming in the wind, guided the forest nymph to safety, to taltos. 

toward the ocean she ran! toward where he rest. 

she arrived and sobbed. i am sorry, she whispered, i was angry, and wrong to be such a way; each has a right to their path, and i will not rob them that right. i was-- a tree fell, massive and large and causing other great ancient sentinels to fall. she swore she heard him, her father--and she found her legs, and shouted, i love you! before she broke into a run again. 

deirdre knew this forest as no other did. born to it, she had never left it for very long at all; but it did her very little good in the end, when all she had before her were cliffs and ocean. young as she was, she thought she had time, but when she turned donnelaith was aflame. she would die if she entered, and as she looked over the cliffs edge she felt she would die if she moved to the waters. 

but she wasn't given a choice as another tree fell, and this time as she looked back to the frigid seawater she saw the eye of emaleth, open and inviting, promising safety. alright, she thought, and she took one last leap of faith--and perhaps it was foolish, perhaps it would be the last thing she ever did!, but deirdre was nothing if not a girl who trusted openly, perhaps even blindly. 

some might say it was a fatal error. 

and once this occurred, the winds grew even fiercer! so fierce were the gales in this storm that the many of the sentinels toppled over, and caused a horrific domino effect. in the clouds, those who knew the face might recognize the visage of taltos, weeping. fire, ash, and smoke framed the snow-kissed tears that rained downward, and then came the rain of thundersleet. 
donnelaith is burning. 'tis the season for natural disasters! it is up to you if your character makes it out alive and survives, or perishes...
@Cas @Lotte @Muses @Starbuck @Witchhazel @Ingram 
[Image: BCay9TG.png]
in oceans deep. my faith will stand
Messages In This Thread
what if the storm ends, and i don't see you - by Deirdre - December 28, 2016, 09:47 PM
RE: what if the storm ends, and i don't see you - by Cas - December 28, 2016, 09:59 PM
RE: what if the storm ends, and i don't see you - by Muses - December 29, 2016, 01:36 PM
RE: what if the storm ends, and i don't see you - by Doe - December 29, 2016, 09:45 PM
RE: what if the storm ends, and i don't see you - by Muses - December 30, 2016, 12:42 AM
RE: what if the storm ends, and i don't see you - by Szymon - December 31, 2016, 09:13 PM