Ravensblood Forest before the devil knows you’re dead
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
sleepy post is poop but i wanted to get this up before i went to bed.

[table width=85%][tr][td]
It took Arturo a long moment to even noticed Dakarai as he fussed over his unconscious beloved and when he did both notice and acknowledge the dark male’s presence the melanistic gangster had to take a few more seconds to remember that he called for help simply because there was nothing else that mattered to him in these moments that ticked by achingly slow other than Lotte. There was nothing more important to Arturo than Lotte. If he lost her here and now then his own life was forfeit. Worthless. Dakarai’s voice broke through the white noise that buzzed in Arturo’s ears struggling to make sense of the words the other spoke. “We don’t know the extent of her injuries,” Arturo was quick to shut down Dakarai’s logical talk of moving her. Arturo did not want to hurt her further by moving her — not without the presence of a healer. Chusi appeared on the scene and Arturo’s fierce gaze fell to his daughter, silently pleading with her to find help. To find him someone that could take care of Lotte. Chusi answered Arturo’s silent pleas by offering to and then running off to find Olive. It took two seconds for Arturo to realize that Dakarai had grasped Lotte by the scruff. The resulting snarl that tore itself from the gangster’s throat low as his hackles bristled, his teeth snapping together sharply to get his point across that he did not want him to put his teeth anywhere near Lotte.

Lotte woke up and stole his attention from Dakarai except when she wrenched herself from his grasp. Arturo ghosted forward a step, towards his nightingale as his hackles smoothed and the transgression and his irritation with Dakarai was entirely forgotten as Lotte turned towards him, more vulnerable than he’d ever seen her. “Lotte,” The smoky timbre of the gangster’s accented voice was a soothing coo. “Lotte.” He breathed in her scent, still her own under neath the scent of smoke and burnt flesh. Greedily, he drank it in, gently touching his muzzle to her neck as she pressed the crown of her head to his chest. She was speaking in her native tongue and Arturo was helpless to understand it knowing only his own name, Dagfinn and Donnelaith. “Lotte it’s ok, you’re safe. I’m here,” He promised her. “Save your strength—” but she was up and away before he could finish his sentence. Arturo’s gaze sought Dakarai worriedly for a moment before it went back to Lotte as he followed after her, reaching where she’d crumbled and where she sobbed.

He neared her without hesitation, dropping his head to gently nudge her cheek, drawing his tongue across her fur the taste of ash lingering upon his tongue. Words failed the Ceannasach whom had never before seen Lotte so vulnerable. He offered her his presence, his strength and his love in the silence that gripped him content to simply hold and be near her until she was either well enough to get to Teaghlaigh or until Chusi returned with Olive.
[/td][/tr][/table]
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread
before the devil knows you’re dead - by Lotte - January 02, 2017, 02:29 AM
RE: before the devil knows you’re dead - by Arturo - January 02, 2017, 05:42 AM
RE: before the devil knows you’re dead - by Dakarai - January 02, 2017, 02:37 PM
RE: before the devil knows you’re dead - by Chusi - January 03, 2017, 08:01 PM
RE: before the devil knows you’re dead - by Lotte - January 13, 2017, 06:32 AM
RE: before the devil knows you’re dead - by Arturo - January 13, 2017, 07:18 PM
RE: before the devil knows you’re dead - by Dakarai - January 14, 2017, 06:09 PM
RE: before the devil knows you’re dead - by Lotte - January 19, 2017, 11:08 AM
RE: before the devil knows you’re dead - by Arturo - January 19, 2017, 03:54 PM
RE: before the devil knows you’re dead - by Dakarai - January 20, 2017, 12:02 PM
RE: before the devil knows you’re dead - by Lotte - January 21, 2017, 06:51 PM
RE: before the devil knows you’re dead - by Arturo - January 26, 2017, 03:29 PM
RE: before the devil knows you’re dead - by Dakarai - January 27, 2017, 05:19 PM
RE: before the devil knows you’re dead - by Lotte - January 29, 2017, 04:00 AM