Mount Apikuni I still wonder if I ever felt the pain
497 Posts
Ooc — Java
Master Ranger
I'm assuming she's chasing the north star, correct me if I'm wrong!

[table width=65%][tr][td]

Standing beneath the star-filled sky reminded him sorely of Duskvale, and of his conversation with Saena. He pondered the implications of that singular conversation; his desire to roam was clear then, but now, with nothing to tie him down, he found it hard to navigate the world. Tryphon had spoken of remembering his origins, but currently the boy wanted to hold on to the present. The dissolution of Duskvale happened too soon — he needed more time.

And the stars, they would be there tomorrow. With his eyes glued heavenwards nonetheless, Tryphon didn't notice the approach of the yearling. Not until she was a little closer, and the clatter of her claws upon the rough-hewn stone alerted him. He pivoted an ear to listen, and then her voice came to him. It was soft, and filled with curiosity. Another wolf might've taken the opportunity to go for his throat (as it was exposed, his head canted back as if to sing to the stars). She seemed far more passive, so Tryphon wasn't so nervous. His thoughts dominated either way.

Below the moon..? He parroted, and turned to regard the gleaming sphere, then directed his eyes to the area beneath it in the sky. There was a star there. It sat glimmering brightly against a backdrop of darkness and similar light. Polaris, he murmured softly, the name popping in to his head seemingly out of nowhere. He couldn't recall ever being taught of the stars, but Tryphon had spent most of his lift staring up at them — perhaps somewhere in his past someone had given him lessons and he'd repressed them, like so many other things. He looked away from the specified star and regarded the girl next — It's the north star, used to navigate the world. At least that was what he'd always used the stars for.

[/td][/tr][/table]
Messages In This Thread
I still wonder if I ever felt the pain - by Larus - January 05, 2017, 05:19 PM
RE: I still wonder if I ever felt the pain - by Nanook - January 06, 2017, 11:17 AM
RE: I still wonder if I ever felt the pain - by Larus - January 06, 2017, 03:15 PM
RE: I still wonder if I ever felt the pain - by Nanook - January 19, 2017, 01:39 PM
RE: I still wonder if I ever felt the pain - by Larus - January 21, 2017, 03:04 PM
RE: I still wonder if I ever felt the pain - by Nanook - January 30, 2017, 12:16 PM