Hushed Willows A crackpipe full of dreams
Hope is for presidents and dreams are for people who are sleeping
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
The boys deliberated between themselves and Reek fell silent. Of course, the choice to stay or to go was their own choice to make. Reek would not force them to follow him. That sort of thing had always been a choice that he left open ended -- to be made on one's own volition. The sentiment they held toward the territory was understandable. It was home for them. Reek felt it hard to leave the grotto in turn, despite the toxic faith that had poisoned everything there. But as they discussed the prospect of staying, Reek could see the creeping sense of dread play upon both of their faces. To stay was a gamble. One with low odds, at that. To play the hand they were dealt would be foolish.

The eldest boy, the one Reek did not know, directed his questioning right at Reek. "I led a pack up north, the Grotto, with my mate. Coincidently Tambourine, it was the pack that your mother helped me found before she came here." Reek shrugged. He didn't feel he had to explain the schism between him and his son's mother. Nor did he speak of the faith that he abandoned. "The winter has been hard on us. And the ones I trusted most -- well, they all left." He supposed it was nearly the same situation that Tambourine and his friend found themselves in.

"Like I said, we've gathered a group to look for a new home. We think the south is our best option -- and hopefully, we can go far enough to escape the cold." If these boys wanted the security that a group could offer, Reek had just that. "I know you both may want to stay, and I get that. Home is..." He paused. "Well, home is important. But what I offer is a safe alternative, because if they don't come back for you --" Reek sucked in breath and shook his head. There was no real way to sugar coat it. If their old pack mates didn't come back, they would die.
Messages In This Thread
A crackpipe full of dreams - by Reek - January 10, 2017, 01:17 PM
RE: A crackpipe full of dreams - by Tambourine - January 10, 2017, 01:26 PM
RE: A crackpipe full of dreams - by Reek - January 10, 2017, 01:44 PM
RE: A crackpipe full of dreams - by Tambourine - January 10, 2017, 02:14 PM
RE: A crackpipe full of dreams - by Silas - January 10, 2017, 07:24 PM
RE: A crackpipe full of dreams - by Reek - January 11, 2017, 10:50 AM
RE: A crackpipe full of dreams - by Tambourine - January 11, 2017, 11:09 AM
RE: A crackpipe full of dreams - by Silas - January 11, 2017, 03:43 PM
RE: A crackpipe full of dreams - by Reek - January 12, 2017, 12:19 AM
RE: A crackpipe full of dreams - by Tambourine - January 12, 2017, 09:18 AM
RE: A crackpipe full of dreams - by Silas - January 13, 2017, 02:55 AM