The Sentinels the carving of the way
devil worshipper with a heart of gold
304 Posts
Ooc — KJ
[table width=65%][tr][td]
“Alttayih,” Szymon murmured to himself, his tongue locking and tripping over the double consonant. It took a few tries before he was able to reproduce the exotic name with considerable fluency. Although the debilitating nature of his stutter had lessened with his growing confidence, his impediment was as grittily tenacious as the rest of him and he endured its continued presence as his spirit guide bade him.

The black-banded Cairn met the Wanderer’s smile with one of his own, but it was quick to falter as he answered her innocuous query. “My brother’s betrothed lived here,” he uttered succinctly, a brusque quirk of his scarred muzzle indicating the charred remains of the sequoias. “Now my brother, his children, and his betrothed are gone — and so is my daughter.” The desolation of Donnelaith’s ruins reflected like dying embers in his golden gaze as he looked upon the darkling girl with the pale green eyes. She was Deirdre and Qilaq both in that moment, and the tangled welter of emotion engendered by her nearness pained Szymon more than he could put into words. “I will not come back here,” he voiced his earlier resolve aloud with grief weighing heavy on his sonorous bass timbre. “I will raise a new banner.”

When Skellige had first turned up missing and Murgash, Tetsubō, and Prialux had left the Blackrock Depths ranks in search of him, Szymon had considered ceding ownership of the bay, packing up his wife and children, and going somewhere else to start a new life. Now, though, the youngest of Bronislav and Serafiem’s children recognized within himself a growing desire to pick up where Skellige had left off. “The Sea is my goddess,” he told Alttayih, “and the turtle is my guide. They call to me.”

Again his attention turned toward the coast, and this time he would not ignore the pull of longing it wrought. “If you have need of me, come to the bay,” he said simply, and with a quick snap of his paws, he moved purposefully toward home.
[/td][/tr][/table]
Messages In This Thread
the carving of the way - by Alttayih - January 12, 2017, 05:37 AM
RE: the carving of the way - by Szymon - January 14, 2017, 10:14 PM
RE: the carving of the way - by Alttayih - January 15, 2017, 03:44 AM
RE: the carving of the way - by Szymon - January 15, 2017, 08:03 PM
RE: the carving of the way - by Alttayih - January 16, 2017, 09:25 AM
RE: the carving of the way - by Szymon - January 19, 2017, 10:40 PM
RE: the carving of the way - by Alttayih - January 23, 2017, 05:00 AM
RE: the carving of the way - by Szymon - January 23, 2017, 07:35 PM
RE: the carving of the way - by Alttayih - January 23, 2017, 08:21 PM
RE: the carving of the way - by Szymon - January 24, 2017, 04:18 AM