Stone Circle Do you want to build a snowman? It doesn't have to be a snowman.
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Pack Activity 
BWP 3 1/2! It isn't mandatory that you participate, but it sure is fun! No posting order, though please do not post more than once in a 24hr period. 

@Valette @Grayday @Chaska @Evelyn @Krypton @Mara Susi @Keoni @Nikai @Sunny @Dawn

Steady had felt the change in the air the moment he awoke that morning. Something was coming, and it was going to be bad. Had it been spring or summer, he might not have worried as much, and just passed it off as a bad storm. But, the fact that the temperatures were below freezing, plus the young pups that were here, made it all worse. Steady had kissed Valette and the pups before heading off to find a plan for the brewing storm. 

He had remembered coming across a small stone formation in the middle of the forest, though had never given it a second thought before now. The stones were stacked in a way that a sort cave-like emptiness formed between them. It wasn't big enough for him to want to call it a cave, but it would fit the pack, though just barely. They would definitely be on top of each other, but that would add to their chances of surviving the storm that was coming instead of freezing to death. Lifting his his maw, he called out for his packmates to gather. 

But, he didn't stay to wait. He quickly made his way back to his family's den, letting Valette know a quick update and to get Keoni and Nikai there. He was going off to see if Grayday needed help with Sunny and Dawn. Nikai and Keoni were big enough to trudge through the snow that currently blanketed the ground, but Dawn and Sunny might find it much more difficult. 

Once they had gathered, he glanced to each wolf in the group. There's a large storm coming, if you can't already feel it. I think we should huddle here together until it's over. It will give us the best chance of survival rather than staying individually in separate dens. He waited, then, to see if there was any opposition. If someone had a better idea, he would certainly listen to it.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

Messages In This Thread
Do you want to build a snowman? It doesn't have to be a snowman. - by Steady - January 13, 2017, 09:10 AM