Blackfeather Woods i will wear the armor, and you the gown
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
Private 
[table][tr][td valign=center] [/td][td]
He had returned.
And he had not asked permission to come unto her lands.

@Damien, in the eyes of the law, had betrayed the Dark Brotherhood, the woods and the wolves within upon his unknown departure. There was no excuse. He had left by his own free will with not a single word, no indication that he was taken against his will, and she could not forgive it.

Why would she? They would never forgive her, listen to her appeal, if she would dare play the same game.

They would not even let her approach the borders, yet, the dark prince was as welcome as God on earth despite his unanswered crime. And yet they still idolised them in a way she would never understand. Did they not know they were loyal to a man who had only been born into a legacy, not one that he had achieved for the sweat of his brow? She ruled a pack of morons, blind to the mirage of a man who had achieved nothing without her backbone. Her sweat, her blood, every bruise on her body and every scar embedded unto her coat was a sacrifice she had made of the dark pack. And what did they give her in return? The threat of an impending revolution with little to no facts to support their accusations. Perhaps the only thing the had against her was the idea that she might one day slay the most recent Spiderlings in their sleep, but if she did, it would not be for their satisfaction; Potema's children were born under her rule without her consent, a plot behind her back, an inconvenience in a time where wolves would starve in the coldest, bleak nights. She had ever reason to end them, and as any leader would -- the right. Damien had given that up upon his decision to take an unwarranted vacation and had insulted her rule by returning, a traitor by law, as if he still owned the woods. It was disrespect by the highest degree, perhaps his second mistake after revealing that he lived.

Her mercy was reserved for none, and least of all, Damien. Damien who had undermined her and suppressed her, even in light of all she had accomplished before him. Nemesis would have it no more; no more of slaving away for a group that would never admit to her worth, never thank her for her effort. None had before, and none ever would. Even if it mean leaving the forest that did not deserve her, she would have what she deserved. Throwing back her head, she calls for the man who will sit at the bottom of her ranks until his trial was made and his story clear. But regardless of his excuse, Damien would not see the top of the tier for some time. He had failed to act as a Dark Master should, and because of his rather large misstep, prove himself incapable of levelling up to the standard that was expected from a leader of the Dark Brotherhood. Nemesis had always managed to come out on top, and it was for good reason that she did. Damien just was simply not as good as he pretended to be, and did not deserve the loyalty that he received and seemingly throw away. And she, did not deserve the distaste recieved by a group she had lay down everything for. Throwing back her head, she summoned his presence, and with it, the annoucement of his new and deserved title: disgrace. The Dark Master would hear the traitor's cry, and he would beg at her feet for his crimes.

Her mercy was reserved for none, and least of all to a man who had come onto a position of power by her backbone, who had suppressed and mocked her, and who had fled away from his responsibilities, leaving her to pick up the pieces of a pack that despised every move she made. Did she blame him? Oh yes, she did. And she would rot in her grave before he could grasp the light of power again.
[/td][td valign=center] [/td][/tr][/table]
the only way to keep your people loyal is
to make certain they fear you more than they do the enemy
Messages In This Thread
i will wear the armor, and you the gown - by Nemesis - January 22, 2017, 10:28 PM
RE: i will wear the armor, and you the gown - by Damien - January 28, 2017, 02:09 PM
RE: i will wear the armor, and you the gown - by Damien - February 05, 2017, 06:38 PM
RE: i will wear the armor, and you the gown - by Nemesis - January 30, 2017, 04:37 PM
RE: i will wear the armor, and you the gown - by Damien - April 01, 2017, 04:56 PM