Blackfeather Woods i will wear the armor, and you the gown
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
YOU GET MY 600TH <3

[table][tr][td valign=center] [/td][td]
She shook her head, perhaps out of mock, but for the sake of his own idiocy, she could not convey her compassion for his own misguided beliefs. "But was I the one who disappeared, who left without a trace? Was I the one who did not bother to notify anyone of my departure, nor howl to let the Brotherhood know you had been taken against your will, becoming a traitor by the very definition?" He raises his hackles and she raises her voice, for it is by simple logic that he is in the wrong. No amount of dispays of domincance would change the fact that he had gone, and simply ignoring his indiscretions instead of working to put himself back in the clear was yet another fault in itself; another reason she did not trust him. How could she trust him with her home and the wolves within if he could not think clearly enough to save himself?

Her canines grind together as she seethes quietly, retraining herself enough to not let the full extend of her fury show. “You are the one who left, not me,” Potema  had been demoted, and Cicero had proven in less amount of words that his interests did not extend to leadership. The hooded man had seemed to sink even further into the shadows at Damien's abandonment, and she did not trust him as the Dark Master purely for his inability to do anything for anyone in setting aside his own selfish intentions. And so, she had promoted her son, the only one of her council who had proven to be of worth not only to her, but to the Brotherhood. The rest of the collective so-called Brothers and Sisters had failed to step up to the plate, even when it was supposed to be their ife's mission to do so. It was a disgrace not only to what their mother had built, but the very gods the claimed to serve. And yet, they stood upon their pedestals looking at her with eyes full of shame.

“The world does not stop because you go missing, Damien, and I will not abandon my duty to fit your needs,” She finished, ignoring his display of attempted superiority. She would not fight him, there was no need. Nemesis was the Dark Master, she would not oblige the traitor just as she had refused Miraak's foolish challenge. Instead, she spoke without selfishness, for it was not by choice had she fallen upon the task of leading. Had she desired the title as much as Damien believed she did, she would have taken it long ago. Instead, she simply had to wait. Wait and do nothing until the brat forfeited everything himself. Had she lifted a finger to contirubute to his disapperance? No. Should she -- would she -- trust the man in such a vital position again? No, and no leader would; he would not have obliged her the same curteousy and neither would she. He had not earned it, and he had not even bothered to take the nessicary steps to earn his forgiveness.

“You were gone for months, I did not have to steal a thing,”
[/td][td valign=center] [/td][/tr][/table]
the only way to keep your people loyal is
to make certain they fear you more than they do the enemy
Messages In This Thread
i will wear the armor, and you the gown - by Nemesis - January 22, 2017, 10:28 PM
RE: i will wear the armor, and you the gown - by Damien - January 28, 2017, 02:09 PM
RE: i will wear the armor, and you the gown - by Damien - February 05, 2017, 06:38 PM
RE: i will wear the armor, and you the gown - by Nemesis - January 30, 2017, 04:37 PM
RE: i will wear the armor, and you the gown - by Nemesis - March 31, 2017, 07:46 PM
RE: i will wear the armor, and you the gown - by Damien - April 01, 2017, 04:56 PM