Stone Circle and don't call me Shirley
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
While Steady hadn't like the female, he didn't wish her any ill will. Still, Grayday had a point. This winter was a rather harsh one, and only the strong would survive. The chances of her being one of them was slim, giving the fact that she didn't even have two good eyes to aid her. We'll see, he commented. If she did survive the winter, he would wonder how.

Grayday mentioned the weather, and Steady nodded. I agree, he replied, thinking it was a good idea. Start scouting a few places that a den can be made out of quickly. I'll help, too. He knew right now there probably wouldn't be enough dens for all the newcomers, and he didn't want them sleeping out in the cold. But, the ground was frozen, and hard to dig into this time in the year.

Grayday opened up, expressing that he had felt angry that Adeline left. He seemed to try and backtrack what he said, but didn't think there was a need to. It's okay, if you were angry at her. I was, he admitted. It's hard, being her father, and not just ordering her to stay because I knew it was the smarter choice than going out in the beginning of winter. It had been hard for him to let her go. But, she's going to have to learn somehow, and if she feels the need to learn by doing, then I want to support her. He felt he would just push her away if he simply disagreed with whatever she wanted to do. I was worried, too, he admitted. But, she's back now, and I hope she'll stay. He knew she had been looking for something when she left, and he could only hope that she found it here, and not anywhere else.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

Messages In This Thread
and don't call me Shirley - by Grayday Sr. - January 25, 2017, 02:53 PM
RE: and don't call me Shirley - by Steady - January 26, 2017, 08:54 AM
RE: and don't call me Shirley - by Grayday Sr. - January 26, 2017, 08:50 PM
RE: and don't call me Shirley - by Steady - January 26, 2017, 10:32 PM
RE: and don't call me Shirley - by Grayday Sr. - January 26, 2017, 10:39 PM
RE: and don't call me Shirley - by Steady - January 27, 2017, 09:25 PM
RE: and don't call me Shirley - by Grayday Sr. - January 27, 2017, 09:35 PM
RE: and don't call me Shirley - by Steady - January 27, 2017, 09:45 PM
RE: and don't call me Shirley - by Grayday Sr. - January 27, 2017, 09:51 PM
RE: and don't call me Shirley - by Steady - January 27, 2017, 10:04 PM
RE: and don't call me Shirley - by Grayday Sr. - January 27, 2017, 10:24 PM