The Tangle when the rain comes down, all the worms come up to breathe
lights • cameraaction
144 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
[table width=85%][tr][td]
 Thuringwethil accepted her proposition and Indie was delighted, for she half expected Thuringwethil to decline and make her exit. Perhaps the vaudevillian had been spot on — that the dark stranger wished to be entertained, rather than do the entertaining. Alright, that was fine, Indie was more than happy to oblige! In fact, this was more than fine… this is what Indie did best. The starlet flashed Thuringwethil a knowing smile and rolled her shoulders forward once, back twice, attempting to loosen her body and inspire her muse.

“Well,” Indie sat her haunches down upon the dry earth, paw still hovering [but now it was more out of habit than avoidance of pain. She began slow, with a flair of drama — as if her story were truly something incredible and not a dramatization. “My story begins right away with plot and intrigue… as a mere pup I was thieved from my beloved mother and father. Don’t remember a thing about them, but i’m sure they’re nice folk. I mean, look at what they created.” A wry smile danced upon her lips, hoping that Thuringwethil was accepting of vain humor. “Don’t cry for me, though,” Her voice picked up speed, but remained steady. “the band that picked me up during my babyhood were some of the best souls i’ve ever encountered…. present company excluded, of course.suddenly, her next words were hover low, sotto voce. “But they were all criminals.” A cocked eyebrows foretold her next statement.“I, too, partook in such depravity… was rather good at it, too.” Saying this, Indie was unsure of — but the words felt right on her tongue and Indie was one for strategy, but she also had a strong intuition and trusted it implicitly. She chose not to expand upon the subject of her criminality, in case this subject made her audience of one uncomfortable — Thuringwethil, at least to Indie, seemed to be a rule follower… well, at least in areas other than love.

“But no story would be complete without a love arc, now would it? Well, it just so happens that I took up with a man.” She shook her sculpted head as if she should have known better. “It’s a mistake i’ll never make again. I was distracted and someone got hurt — someone important.” Donovan’s father. It had singlehandedly been the worst moment of her life, reduced to a fraction of a sentence. “I can’t ever go back.” 

Indie took a long, drawn out breath and she gazed strongly at Thuringwethil, molten eyes flashing and glinting. “Now I run with a different crowd... a bunch of women who call themselves sirens and speak with the most fluid of tongues. They're fascinating! and well, that's how I ended up here - trying and failing to catch lunch... and, of course, talking to you.” and, scene. Indie stood there with her tail swinging low between her feathered hocks, eagerly awaiting her audience’s reaction. 
[/td][/tr][/table]
“what a lovely day" says the butcher as she raises her arm 
Messages In This Thread
RE: when the rain comes down, all the worms come up to breathe - by Indie - March 15, 2017, 09:18 AM