Ravensblood Forest she loves me and all you got was a bullet
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
[table width=85%][tr][td]
Dakarai’s response was not an exact answer to his question but the point was made and Arturo is not inclined to push. It seemed the pair had reached …something of an understanding and that was what was most important. Dakarai speaks of his experience with amnesia and it causes a quicken in Arturo’s heart pace. He, too, suffered with selective amnesia where he developed a split personality of Riptide. He does not recall what he had done or said as Riptide but even the thought of the parasite bring a trill of fear to Arturo’s spine. He does not want to poke nor prod at that for the fear that the parasite would make a return. That he is not truly as gone as Arturo believes him to be. All he knows is that Riptide is him but is also not him and he does not wish to ever repeat it. He does not want Riptide to ruin everything he has nor chase away any semblance of happiness he holds closely to him. Arturo is at a risk to lose everything if Riptide would ever return: Lotte, Chusi, his children, Teaghlaigh. So he shies away from thoughts of Riptide like a skittish animal shies away from everything.

But he braves through the it only long enough to speak as vaguely as he dares, because he does not want to be Dakarai’s enemy. He is a stern leader, and he is resolute in his laws and though he understands the Family will not always agree nor like what he has to say he will stick by what he feels is right nevertheless. Arturo has never been fickle and has no intention to start now. Still, that does not mean he wishes for his wolves to think him a tyrant. He is to be respected but not feared of The Family. “I suffered from selective amnesia for a bit, when I fell from Ravenshook Cliffs.” He speaks, taking in an uneven breath. He is clearly uncomfortable speaking of it but he hopes that it might make a bridge of having something similar to one another. “As my head healed from the injury it created this parasite that called itself Riptide, a split personality. I lived with this for several months, never sure if I would be me or if I would be him.” To the mercy of Blackrock Depths, as to which Arturo’d never had the chance to pay Skellige back for which was unfortunate because his gratitude is still great and humbled despite that the Leviathan is long gone from the Wilds. He is not sure the chances of Dakarai having regained his memory so quick after losing it but he thinks that he must be very fortunate indeed. At one time, Arturo had feared he might never be whole again, destined to suffer as a broken thing for the duration of his long life. In many ways, Arturo thinks he is fortunate that it was not the case.

“I do not know,” Arturo speaks honestly, because he knows nothing of Blackfeather Woods than what he has heard. “I do not know anything of them, nor of their leaders. Only what you have told me.” Arturo is honest, and rather thinks that Dakarai, out of all of them should know the answer to that. “but I like to be prepared for any eventuality. They may come to our borders and they may not, but this time is different than the first time you trespassed. Both you and Olive carry my and Teaghlaigh’s scent. That is reason enough for concern.” The gangster does not make it a habit to underestimate nor assume about packs he has no knowledge of. “If they come, I will speak with them and from there we will decide what to do; that is all I can do.” But he cannot prepare from what might come from talking, if it comes to be at all. He can only make vague preparations as it is. He cannot make a promise to turn Dakarai over — for he has no idea if that will be enough for the Blackfeather Woods. They are a wild card in this possible equation.
[/td][/tr][/table]
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread
she loves me and all you got was a bullet - by Arturo - February 17, 2017, 03:23 PM
RE: she loves me and all you got was a bullet - by Dakarai - February 20, 2017, 03:53 PM
RE: she loves me and all you got was a bullet - by Arturo - February 21, 2017, 04:24 PM
RE: she loves me and all you got was a bullet - by Dakarai - February 21, 2017, 04:47 PM
RE: she loves me and all you got was a bullet - by Arturo - February 22, 2017, 06:49 PM
RE: she loves me and all you got was a bullet - by Dakarai - February 23, 2017, 04:40 PM
RE: she loves me and all you got was a bullet - by Arturo - February 25, 2017, 05:32 AM
RE: she loves me and all you got was a bullet - by Dakarai - February 25, 2017, 01:10 PM
RE: she loves me and all you got was a bullet - by Arturo - February 26, 2017, 09:20 AM
RE: she loves me and all you got was a bullet - by Dakarai - February 26, 2017, 02:11 PM