Broken Antler Fen i've got fire for a heart
his crown was ever changing made as it was by leaves and berries of the season
228 Posts
Ooc —
thanks for joining! <3

[table width=85%][tr][td]
Mato thinks he is alone; so entangled in the intricate constellations that winked from above. He sets a challenge for himself: to find new shapes this time. He thinks he has almost seen a rabbit — a earless rabbit but hey! a rabbit nonetheless — when the sound of footfalls and a body sliding up next to him startles him. On instinct Mato’s hackles bristle and he jumps as he sees her silhouette out of the corner of his eye. He leans away from her as he slips on the rock and stumbles back as he lost his footing — drat these duck paws! — and lands in the cushioning of the snow on his back. He is not a skittish beast but he is gangly and clumsy and he does not realize how slippery his favorite rock is until …well he is on his back in a pile of cold snow. “Oh man,” He draws in a breath and rolls himself over, pushing himself to his paws seconds before he gives his coat a hearty shake to dispel the cool snow and the shiver that rocked his spine.

“You startled me.” Mato gasps, though his tone is friendly, easy-going and entirely devoid of accusation. As if to prove that he’s not angered about it he lets out a laugh that’s a bit breathless as he takes his place back upon his rock, this time, settling into a sphinx-like position, looking out at the stars as opposed as up at them as he had before. He turns his head in her direction, his apple green gaze taking her in for a moment. She is pale: like the moon and scars litter her body. For a moment Mato stares at them, the pink, puckered long healed flesh that he could see before he looks away sheepishly, knowing that it’s rude to stare. “I’m Mato,” He introduces himself to her because though he’s probably seen her in passing he doesn’t actually know her. “You like the stars too?” He asks her because that is the only reason he can fathom that she’d here spending time with him because surely there were a lot cooler kids (and/or adults) she could be hanging out with otherwise.
[/td][/tr][/table]
Messages In This Thread
i've got fire for a heart - by rip gemini - February 19, 2017, 02:01 PM
RE: i've got fire for a heart - by Síff - February 19, 2017, 07:58 PM
RE: i've got fire for a heart - by rip gemini - February 20, 2017, 04:52 PM
RE: i've got fire for a heart - by Síff - February 20, 2017, 05:56 PM
RE: i've got fire for a heart - by rip gemini - February 20, 2017, 06:32 PM
RE: i've got fire for a heart - by Síff - February 20, 2017, 07:07 PM
RE: i've got fire for a heart - by rip gemini - February 21, 2017, 05:17 PM
RE: i've got fire for a heart - by Síff - February 23, 2017, 07:22 PM
RE: i've got fire for a heart - by rip gemini - February 25, 2017, 06:38 AM
RE: i've got fire for a heart - by Síff - February 26, 2017, 05:26 PM