Blackfeather Woods I am the child of an ugly star
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
While there was no denying that Nyx was indeed her biological daughter, she did not find "mother" an appropriate name to call the woman. It felt like she favoured the boys over her - especially the eldest. That Astrid now had to listen to her brother's orders was heart-breaking and despicable. It was as if Nemesis or whoever promoted him was going like; "yeah, see this kid? You need to be like him to become something here." Astrid squinted at the woman before her, eyes no longer flickering between whom she once called "family". What if I were a boy then? What if you could not use me to bear more children for your cause? Astrid had luckily learned what a woman could do that a man couldn't from the old Miraak. It was obvious that women were there to bear and men to provide - an idea she wasn't very fond of, even if a woman now held the highest rank. Sure, it was stolen from an equally horrid soul but somewhat impressive.

She felt eyes scanning her - as if every speck got a good glance somewhere near her chest. She had not been trying to hide the marks from her older brother but quickly pulled up a paw to cover her chest in both shame and anger. However, it was too late for that. As the question (that felt more like a command the longer the silence after went on) rolled off her mother's tongue Astrid's eyes flickered to Atshen. As to not give any clues, she immediately looked far off in the distance - beyond Nemesis into the grey. She felt a chill run down her spine as she thought of what to do. Lie? She felt a stronger bond between her and her disowned brother and yet knew not to lie to her parents - especially now that one held the stolen rank of the Forest King. It was just some rogue wandering near our borders. She sighed - nothing revealing that lies were the only thing coming out of her mouth. I do not know his name nor remember what he looks like - he has not returned after I scared him off.
Nyx carries with her a raven named Tulugak - feel free to reference him (Bio for more info)
Messages In This Thread
I am the child of an ugly star - by Nocturnal - February 21, 2017, 03:39 PM
RE: I am the child of an ugly star - by Atshen’s Ghost - February 22, 2017, 06:12 PM
RE: I am the child of an ugly star - by Nemesis - February 23, 2017, 04:39 PM
RE: I am the child of an ugly star - by Nocturnal - February 23, 2017, 05:05 PM
RE: I am the child of an ugly star - by Nemesis - February 23, 2017, 05:45 PM
RE: I am the child of an ugly star - by Nocturnal - February 25, 2017, 12:28 PM