Emberwood swallows circling with their shimmering sound
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
The affection shared between them was sweet and jovial, as if they were each enacting some sort of rebellion by being in the other's grip. It brought a sort of rush to Akuti's heart, sending it into a frenzy of flutters. I think I'm okay, she responded quietly, as if what she was saying was so intimate that it would be a sin to allow it to fall on anyone's ears but Grayday's. There were moments in which she was more okay than others, and some where she was so low she couldn't even see the stars. But she made sure to remind herself that it was all a part of life, and moments like these only solidified her previous notions.

I'm alive, I'm alive, I'm alive.

It was hard being alone. Sometimes she thought that she had made a mistake. Other times she was able to remember that an unwelcome home was better than welcomed solitude. Although things were harder without the support of a pack (she had been surviving on rotten carcasses and sour beetles), it was her own deeply rooted perserverance which kept her going. I'm glad that I've found you again. I was beginning to think I'd never be able to-, to feel your breath or hear your voice, to smell your scent in the thick shield of fur, to find someone who would keep me company. I was a little paranoid out here on my own.

Messages In This Thread
RE: swallows circling with their shimmering sound - by Bhediya - March 13, 2017, 12:14 AM