Silver Creek when you take the king's shilling
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
[table width=85%][tr][td]
Arturo offers a sage nod to Heston when the man compliments him on going to let the Creek wolves know of Teaghlaigh’s presence. As far as Arturo cares to see: he wants his presence known not by all but by the wolves that are in the closest proximity of him. He had lost control of the Coast and packs had sprouted up in his carelessness without his knowledge and he deigns to keep that from happening in the Hinterlands. Granted, Silver Creek and Golden Glade had been the first to form in the Tuktu Hinterlands but that is hardly something the Fearghal monarch considers. They might have been there first but that does not mean that Arturo and his Teaghlaigh have to be oblivious. Arturo is a man of information and thus it is information he deigns to have. “Of course,” Arturo speaks with understanding when Heston brings up that he cannot promise an alliance without speaking to his mate first. Arturo would expect nothing less. His Family plays major key roles in the decisions and the gangster respects that this process is not to be rushed. “You speak to your mate and I will bring it up with my Family and we can meet on neutral ground if you’d like to further discuss things.” Whether it was a resounding ‘no’ or an acceptance didn’t matter. Arturo was never unwilling to talk business even if it does not always go his way. Being able to to discuss why things don’t and won’t work is all apart of that and it tends to lend respect towards the two parties, in his experience: that they can speak and be civil regardless of what is left to offer, if anything at all.

Teaghlaigh doesn’t necessarily need alliances — they don’t need to rely on other packs for anything — but they are useful tools and Arturo does not falter to attempt to seize opportunity when it arises. “Thank you.” The Fearghal offers the Creek’s Alpha when he offers to show him the Creek’s hunting grounds and waits respectfully, idly, while Heston addresses his heavily pregnant and crippled subordinate. They exchange quiet words and after a few moments the woman turns and departs into the safe confines of their home. The gangster turns his fiery gaze to Heston, waiting for him to take the lead. Arturo follows Heston as the male guides him through their hunting grounds, taking mental notes so that Teaghlaigh does not bother them before the pair split ways and Arturo makes the journey back to his Strath.
[/td][/tr][/table]
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread
when you take the king's shilling - by Arturo - March 22, 2017, 03:59 PM
RE: when you take the king's shilling - by Skylaris - March 22, 2017, 04:19 PM
RE: when you take the king's shilling - by Heston - March 22, 2017, 06:18 PM
RE: when you take the king's shilling - by Arturo - March 23, 2017, 05:59 AM
RE: when you take the king's shilling - by Skylaris - March 23, 2017, 04:46 PM
RE: when you take the king's shilling - by Heston - March 27, 2017, 05:19 PM
RE: when you take the king's shilling - by Skylaris - March 29, 2017, 12:12 PM