Hideaway Strath nothing in comparison to that one minute
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
[table width=85%][tr][td]
Arturo’s fiery gaze flickers down to his pale daughter as Hemlock speaks. Eirlys may be fighting, may be proving them wrong at every twist and turn but she is not in the clear yet. Ceannasach is not a man of blind faith and his complete lack of belief in any sort of deity (despite how stubbornly his mother had tried) did not allow him to pull the wool over his eyes, nor did not rise cause for him to praise the divine. Burying the stillborns that Lotte had given birth to had been hard but if he had to bury Eirlys — or any of the currently living Lotturos — he is not so sure that it would not break him. His children were easily the gravity of his world, the only good he believes he has done in the world; for he knows and has long ago accepted that he isn’t a good man. There is too much evidence stacked against it to try to delude himself. Not everyone can be a saint nor a martyr. The world needs its villains. His attention rises to Hemlock when she returns the attention to him and he lets out a small breath. How was he doing? Arturo didn’t even know where to start. “I am worried and I am frustrated,” There is a twitch at the corner of his lips. “but nothing that I am not used to, nor that I cannot handle.” Teaghlaigh has had a rough run the past few months and he only seeks quietude for The Family. They more than deserved it after everything they all suffered.

He shifts his weight, mindful of the fragile daughter still nestled against the junction where his leg meets his shoulder. “Hemlock, there is something I’ve been meaning to speak with you about,” He has not spoken with Lotte about it but given how close the two women have become the Fearghal patriarch does not foresee her having an issue with it. “I would like you to be the godmother of the children.” Though it was not poised as such it was a question and she had the choice to decline him if she so wished; but the truth was that if something were to happen to him and Lotte there wasn’t anyone else he trusted with his children more than Hemlock. She was the logical choice. His first and admittedly only choice.
[/td][/tr][/table]
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread
nothing in comparison to that one minute - by Arturo - April 09, 2017, 04:49 AM
RE: nothing in comparison to that one minute - by Arturo - May 15, 2017, 04:20 AM