Hideaway Strath nothing in comparison to that one minute
you ain't seen nothing like me yet
391 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Botanist

The soft sweet sounds of the snow drop as she drifted off draw a gentle smile to Hemlock's face. She could not deny her affections for the children, nor for their parents, especially not with how she melted around them. The girl she was before winter seems an entirely different woman, but more of her shows in the weeks since the children's birth. She likened herself to being distant and cold but that creature has faded  with time as well, it seemed.  Whether she wanted it or not again her affections and relationships have come and wound them self into her heart with little concern for how it left her feeling. 

She knew she would have done anything for them, but, what Arturo is speaking of isn't just a duty. It's a priceless sort of privilege, something she thinks he probably struggles with after the fiasco with Olive and Dakarai. "I was not born of love, and it broke my mother... I do not think love is the only basis for having children, but I would like to have a partner.'  Hemlock admitted. She did not think that she was failing Sirius, but she still worried if her influences were enough for the boy. "I almost feel that would take even more work, to have a sire you were not bonded to... There would be a great deal of compromise in the arrangement I imagine." But then Hemlock could not fathom not wanting to be involved in the raising of young, either. 

Hemlock is aware of the shift of Arturo's tone, the way that he seems almost nervous. Her ears shift forward curiously, and her tail gives a brief slow wag as if to soothe - but then, she never would have imagined this from him. They are friends, yes, and she did respect him - but there was a love there too, as he has been steadfast in his loyalty to her and the cause they have shared since the beginning. Hemlock blinks back her surprise at his offer before she leans forward again to nuzzle gently against him. It isn't with the foward sort of affection she holds for the Banrion, but still, she is gentle and more genuine with him than any other. "Have you and Lotte discussed this?"  She asked curiously, still mulling the idea over. 

There is no doubt he would have been her first choice if she were provided the option, but still, with her Banrion and the children there is a great deal to consider." You are sweet to offer, and I know this is not something you say lightly. I do not know when my next season would come; we could consider it more, together, before then."  Hemlock finally settled her her words though the fluttering of emotion in her stomach does not go away.

available for naturalist and medical threads just tag her!
i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.

[Image: naturalist_master.gif] 12/20
Messages In This Thread
nothing in comparison to that one minute - by Arturo - April 09, 2017, 04:49 AM
RE: nothing in comparison to that one minute - by Hemlock - June 07, 2017, 11:43 PM