Swiftcurrent Creek this exam accounts for 80% of your final grade
dread the day when dreaming ends
1,345 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
The vast majority of the newcomers came when called, gathering in a loose semi-circle around the Beta pair. Serengeti arrived without Razo, Bazi noted, but presumed he was serving the pack elsewhere rather than ignoring a summons. Upon seeing Amekaze, the northern wolf swished her tail excitedly - she had not expected the mysterious dabbles-in-herblore loner to choose a pack, and it pleased her that Swiftcurrent Creek had come out on top.

"We've gathered you because you're all fairly new to Swiftcurrent Creek," the white wolf began, sweeping her blue gaze across each of their faces. "My name is Bazi - this is Njal; your betas. We will be getting you up to speed on what's what both within and beyond our borders, and assessing you for trades. Njal will cover defense and border patrol. As head outrider, I will cover scouting rules, the surrounding territories - and also pack policies on food and hunting."

"Stay well clear of other packs' borders when you are out there, unless you have actual business with them. This is particularly important when it comes to Silvertip Mountain - they are on the other side of the mountain range, beyond the flatlands, so there is really no need to stray that far unless you have business with Jinx. And I do mean well clear - visiting the surrounding forests and peaks will get you into trouble, and your pack will be too far away to do anything about it. Our own policies are similar, but Njal will cover that."

"Our nearest neighbours are the Vale, though I have seen and heard much less from them of late. Before that, relations were frosty - approach with caution, if at all. Beyond that is Blacktail Dear Plateau - Fox is friendly with their alpha, Peregrine, and their healer, Blue Willow, is a very kind and giving wolf. Do not give them cause to dislike us."

"Horizon Ridge was twitchy about visitors last time I went - they claim the coast and the ridge near it. There is a marked mountain path that leads to their borders."

"I am due to go on a scouting mission to a forest in the south-west in a matter of days. I would like two volunteers to come with me - preferably an aspiring healer and anyone wishing to become an outrider. We will detour via some of the important landmarks on this side of the mountain before we go."

That covered pack relations - Njal would take care of Swiftcurrent's approach to intruders both in and around their own territory.

"Game is plentiful at the moment, and we are the largest, strongest pack on this side of the mountains. We have access to fish, small game, and herds from the south - take advantage of that. Any choice meats should go to Tuwawi as she grows our first litter of Swiftcurrent children - but do not approach uninvited; courier it via Njal or myself if you are unsure. All members are responsible for joining in hunts and keeping the caches filled, but it is mine and Jace's responsibility to oversee. Seek out Jace if you wish to join the gamekeepers."

"That's all from me - if you need me, howl," she finished, and looked to Njal, who sat tall and proud beside her. If there were any wardens or warriors among these wolves, he would find them.

Please let @Njal post second. :D
Messages In This Thread
RE: this exam accounts for 80% of your final grade - by Bazi - May 15, 2014, 03:37 AM