Morningside Cuesta Please don't be afraid, we're a little bent
Together we won't die
236 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Kieran wallowed in the thoughts and memories bubbling up from the back of his mind. He was so caught up in the old times that he did not notice Dawn approach. It was only when she spoke that the boy opened his eyes, breaking out of the trance he had seemingly fallen into. He smiled at her, turning back to face the sunset. "It's beautiful, isn't it?" He murmered, giving a small flick of his tail as a soft sigh sounded from his maw. He stayed silent for a while, despite Dawn being there. He just needed a moment longer, then he could come back to reality. Just a little longer.

"She used to call me Keeera." he spoke quietly, calm despite the lingering sadness of something he might never have again. Even so, he was happy. Happy that he had had the chance to know his sister, even if it was only for a few months. "Sorrel, I mean. My sister." His eyes remained trained on the horizon, watching as the sun fell slowly through the orange-tinted sky. "Mother called me Addy." Those names were something he held close to his chest - nobody but his family were allowed to use those names. They were his and his alone. Everyone else called him Kieran, with the exception of Hawthorn, who often called him Kier. Or, had, until he had disappeared too. It seemed most wolves left him. Him and his father, they were the only ones left of the family that had once been. Though he was reluctant to tell Dawn at first, he knew that she was perhaps a.... friend...? Maybe. Either way, she was not disliked by the boy at all, so he did not feel like he really needed to hide much. "The food. It's for them. Everyone I've lost." He believed every time a wolf passed away, they became a star, sparkling and beautiful up in the night sky. Watching forever, and one day he would join them. He would see his mother, and everyone else too. "They're watching, even if we can't see them..." His gaze trailed downwards, focusing on his paws, but a small smile remained visible on his face. 

He looked up at Dawn then, hesitating a moment before frowning slightly. "Sorry. I get caught up in the memories sometimes. Every night... I come up here. Bury some food for them." He gestured upwards toward the sky momentarily. "It's nice and quiet here. I like it." Then he shook his head, the remnants of his previous ponderings evaporating for now. "Did you want to do something? I... I'm done here for now." He wanted to stretch his legs, go do something, and then maybe go to the dens. He was not ready to give in the darkness of sleep just yet.
English * French
Messages In This Thread
RE: Please don't be afraid, we're a little bent - by Kieran Adrien - May 07, 2017, 10:47 AM