The Bracken Woods Night of the Red Moon
35 Posts
Ooc —
Anubis, the name felt unfamiliar on Redmoon’s mind and he felt curious to know more of this dark pelt. As he felt the strength returning to him after no telling how long he’d had a good meal, he paused in his feasting. While conscious of the prince near him, Redmoon was a barbarian by comparison though he made an effort not to be. The question he was addressed though was a curious one - truly, what plans did he have in this place? 

The thought fell on him and he held no answer. Taking another chunk of blood meat, he ground it up and swallowed hard, letting the cooling hamstring shift down into his belly. He gazed to the sky as the first droplets of rain began to touch them, he moved cautiously to the eve of a fallen and hollowed out log where he took up a position that would keep him moderately dry during the coming downpour. Still though he pondered on the instance which the dark pelt had questioned him on. This was not his home - home had been a place long destroyed and where he ventured now led him to new lands every day. Where the canvas of time was painted anew every morning and he etched his own will upon it. 

A vagabond and a king in the same sense of the words. No home, but a master of his own life. Being silent for a while, Redmoon didn’t want to be rude and so he offered Anubis an explanation. “My plan is only to find the next day’s light. I’ve no clear path other than to survive in this place. No home or family. Just me.” 

He realized how boring those words must have sounded and quickly he moved on from them. “I come from far to the southeast of here. Beyond the great plains and over the mountains, an untouched swamp where the smell of salt and brine are mixed. I was chased from there by wolves of another pack, they tracked me into the north where they lost me in these woods.” Anubis didn’t carry the scent of his pursuers and so he did not fear the reveal of this. “I’ve been here ever since. Just… making it from day to day.” The scent of Anubis though did carry elements of the outside of these woods. Faint traces of a life beyond the thorns and weed thickets. Perhaps there was something to this place if he’d just go out and seek it. 

“My plan,” Redmoon began, “is to go find it.” Vague yet innocent. He was a wolf with no direction and he was bound to go out and discover it for himself. “You? Where do you call home? Do you have a plan in this place?”

The rain was picking up now as well as the wind, so Redmoon hunkered down lower and found comfort in his lee. After filling his belly he felt tired - exhausted from the fight and feeling sleepy from the meal. But he’d not let himself doze off so long as he had company. Anubis was the best company he’d found in weeks, he may as well take it. Even his natural antisocial behavior denied him a quick pass all on Anubis. Perhaps something inside them both made them alike enough to feel the Scorekeeper’s direction. No, Redmoon would entertain Anubis’ company for as long as the dark pelt so desired. It was the least he could do for helping him in an otherwise impossible hunt.
Messages In This Thread
Night of the Red Moon - by Redmoon - May 10, 2017, 02:35 PM
RE: Night of the Red Moon - by Anubis Sekket - May 10, 2017, 03:46 PM
RE: Night of the Red Moon - by Redmoon - May 11, 2017, 07:40 AM
RE: Night of the Red Moon - by Anubis Sekket - May 11, 2017, 12:53 PM
RE: Night of the Red Moon - by Redmoon - May 11, 2017, 01:39 PM
RE: Night of the Red Moon - by Anubis Sekket - May 11, 2017, 06:36 PM
RE: Night of the Red Moon - by Redmoon - May 12, 2017, 08:57 AM
RE: Night of the Red Moon - by Anubis Sekket - May 13, 2017, 05:01 PM
RE: Night of the Red Moon - by Redmoon - May 15, 2017, 01:27 PM
RE: Night of the Red Moon - by Anubis Sekket - May 23, 2017, 03:52 AM
RE: Night of the Red Moon - by Redmoon - May 26, 2017, 03:30 PM