Bramblepoint I think you pissed off my sandwich.
you feed it all your woes; the ghostly garden grows
120 Posts
Ooc —
Having mistaken her "howl" for a strangled cry from one of the bucks, Kavos— seized tightly by this odd hunt— was completely unaware of his company until a loud and warped voice called out to him. He twisted sharply, and had to do a double-take to see the young wolf there he hadn't noticed before. He had to fight his body to look at her, every fiber of his being willing him towards the kill. His face contorted in confusion, ill-tempered defensiveness glinting hotly on his fangs as his ears pressed forward aggressively... only to catch the word help.

The hungry boy swallowed, stunned at first as he tried to recall the last time he'd had someone hunt beside him. The last time he'd had support. As much as he hated his mother, she had unfortunately been his last friend— and that seemed like eons ago. He focused finally as the girl thought to speak again. He trained his senses on her as best he could over the commotion behind him, but he still found himself at a lost. Having not heard many voices in his life, it was a shame that she sounded normal to him by his standards, but he couldn't understand her regardless.

He didn't know anything about deafness, or lip-reading, or socializing, really.

But what he did know was body language and instinct, and she looked as ready to jump into the fray as he felt, which was more than enough reason for him to want her around. He looked back at the bucks thoughtfully. There were two of them now, so he didn't just need to dive in as many times as it took to get a good strike. He could make one, if they were quick about it. Looking back over his shoulder, he met the eye of his ally and nodded once: watch me.

He turned and dove very obviously at one of the bucks, snarling and aiming at its face. Frightened, the buck reared his head back suddenly, the reflex powerful enough to blatantly expose the neck of his trapped opponent, who was temporarily powerless to guard himself properly. It could work the other way  too, though it made the most sense to fake-out the stronger herbivore and go for the throat of whoever seemed the most exhausted. Kavos darted back, nearer to the girl this time, and faced her excitedly; chest heaving, mouth red, and tail flagging.

Can you do that?! his gleaming eyes almost boasted.
Messages In This Thread
I think you pissed off my sandwich. - by Towhee - May 14, 2017, 08:52 PM
RE: I think you pissed off my sandwich. - by Kavos - May 16, 2017, 05:18 PM
RE: I think you pissed off my sandwich. - by Towhee - May 17, 2017, 10:19 AM
RE: I think you pissed off my sandwich. - by Kavos - May 17, 2017, 11:11 AM
RE: I think you pissed off my sandwich. - by Towhee - May 17, 2017, 12:17 PM
RE: I think you pissed off my sandwich. - by Kavos - May 17, 2017, 02:59 PM
RE: I think you pissed off my sandwich. - by Towhee - May 18, 2017, 08:58 AM
RE: I think you pissed off my sandwich. - by Kavos - May 18, 2017, 10:12 AM
RE: I think you pissed off my sandwich. - by Towhee - May 18, 2017, 10:36 AM
RE: I think you pissed off my sandwich. - by Kavos - May 18, 2017, 12:40 PM
RE: I think you pissed off my sandwich. - by Towhee - May 18, 2017, 01:34 PM