Noctisardor Bypass Just a young gun, with a quick fuse
I once saw the end of my life.
427 Posts
Ooc —
IWroteTooMuchImSorry

Too often mating happens, only for one to be alone with the aftermath.

Would that have been what happened between Gwen and Knew if he had stayed longer? The Empress knew that she wanted pups one day, but would that happen now? Perhaps she didn't want that anymore. Perhaps she was not built to be a mother - no, she would stick to herself for now. She had already decided that she would not partake in love anymore, and pups was not an option at this point. She had wanted to raise children with someone - that someone being Knew - but did she really want to do it on her own? Probably not.  "Well, if it wasn't for the blizzard we never would have met, and especially would not have formed Ganador Bypass. I'm kinda glad it happened, because these wolves are my family and I wouldn't swap them for the world." She smiled, giving a wag of her tail before leaning down to take a bite of the rabbit corpse at her paws. The wolves of the Bypass, despite not beig blood-related, were indeed the only remaining family she had. Gwen stayed silent during the pale wolfess' speech, as she did not want to be rude and interrupt. It seemed that every wolf experienced some kind of pain at some point in their life. Everyone she had met so far had had troubles at a point in their story, nobody was excluded from that. It was like people always said - nobody is perfect, everyone has scars.

Once she finished, the ivory queen came a small chuff of sympathy. "I'm very sorry for your losses, Leila. I know how hard it is to lose people." Except that this wolfess had lost her whole family in one go. Gwen had not, she had lost them at various stages during her life. But still, she could relate in the fact that she had indeed lost her whole blood-family. "If you ever want to talk to me about anything, please do." She didn't want her subordinate to feel as though she was unable to talk. Talk about anything - especially something that hurt. Gwen might not be able to make the pain go away, but she could try, right? That was better than nothing, was it not? "I guess it's only fair that I tell you a little about me, so we both know each other." 

"I was born far far away from here - we were a simple family. Just me, my sister, and my parents. Everything was good, like it always is in the beginning. I met a guy when I was a yearling, yearning for adventure and dreaming of love; I met Storm. He was so nice, and caring, and he did everything he could to make me happy."
She smiled, thinking back on the memory. Yes, times had been good back then. "I had not a single care in the world." 

"Soon enough, Storm and I became mates, even from such a young age, but we did not care. My dad passed away soon after; he caught an illness that we had no cure for. My mother did not last long after that - she committed suicide a few weeks after. Me, Storm, and my sister stuck together, though. We lived like that for at least another month. During that time, my sister was very depressed, more so than I was, because I had Storm to keep me happy. I obviously tried to cheer up Julie, but it was a futile attempt." Her smile began to turn into a slight frown, and she took another bite of her prey before continuing. "Storm began to slip further away from me, and became very close to my sister. He would always make excuses to stay away from me, and I often caught him sneaking away from our den at night to go and see Julie."

"One day, I confronted him about it. I said that if he loved her so much, why be with me? Why not just go to her? He snapped at me, saying I was his and nothing would change that. I tried to get away, tried to take Julie too, fearing Storm and his anger. Maybe I was stupid, but I was scared of him." Her expression was blank then, trying to take away the pain she had felt. She did not want to remember it, but she wanted her and Leila to understand each other. To really know each other. Telling your story was a good way to do that, and Gwen did not wish to back out of it. "A few weeks after, I walked outside of the den to find my sister's body in front of me, all bloodied. Storm was standing just behind. He said 'This is what happens when you don't listen to me.' Obviously, as soon as night came, I ran. I never looked back." Her ears pinned to her head momentarily, but bounced back up and she gave a small smile again. "I went out on an adventure. I walked for months, just exploring, just searching. I didn't know what I was searching for, but then again, that's life I suppose. Eventually I found the Teekons, and I just knew. This place was where I wanted to be. I joined a pack, and lived there for a while. I met a lone wolf named Knew. We hit it off almost immediately and soon enough he began sneaking into the pack's territory to come and meet me. Honestly, I could have gone out to find him, but he came at the most random times. We slept under the moonlight often." Those were her most treasured memories. She might be trying to get over her lost love, but she would never forget. "I asked him to join so he could be with me without having to sneak around, but he refused, saying that he was happy as a lone wolf. We had so many fun times - we even went ice-skating last winter, and let me tell you that was an... interesting experience." The Empress laughed a little, remembering how she had slipped and crashed straight into the scraggly dog. 

"Then the blizzards came. Many packs disbanded - wolves just went missing. Like they vanished from thin air. My own alphas disappeared, and my pack vanished too. I left and found Knew again. We talked for a while, and decided to form a pack. Safety in numbers was the best way to survive such a harsh winter. We eventually met a couple wolves and found the Bypass here." She gestured to around her. "It was perfect. We stayed and began marking the borders, but before we could completely claim it Knew went missing. He never returned. I lead the group on my own, not giving up for the sake of them, and I still do. It was only last season that we claimed this land, and we're still here. We don't plan on leaving anytime soon, either." She smiled again, resting her head on her paws. "I lead on my own, but I don't mind. It can be stressful sometimes, but the others always chime in to help with things. We manage." Had she rambled too much? Gwen never knew. She never told stories often, and her life was always a... ride. Ups and downs all over the place. But had she gone on too much? Was the girl bored?
[Image: 8rXo9x9.gif]
Messages In This Thread
Just a young gun, with a quick fuse - by Gwen - May 17, 2017, 01:42 PM
RE: Just a young gun, with a quick fuse - by Leila - May 17, 2017, 01:57 PM
RE: Just a young gun, with a quick fuse - by Gwen - May 17, 2017, 02:11 PM
RE: Just a young gun, with a quick fuse - by Leila - May 17, 2017, 02:39 PM
RE: Just a young gun, with a quick fuse - by Gwen - May 18, 2017, 03:44 PM
RE: Just a young gun, with a quick fuse - by Leila - May 20, 2017, 03:09 PM
RE: Just a young gun, with a quick fuse - by Gwen - May 22, 2017, 12:04 PM
RE: Just a young gun, with a quick fuse - by Leila - May 22, 2017, 02:54 PM
RE: Just a young gun, with a quick fuse - by Gwen - May 29, 2017, 10:37 AM
RE: Just a young gun, with a quick fuse - by Leila - May 30, 2017, 01:10 PM