Stavanger Bay remind him that this city burned for refusing solace
l e v i a t h a n
63 Posts
Ooc —
Kyber gives him some space as he non-verbally requests and ceases in his fussing, hanging at his right flank. The question that the Chimera asks is no simple inquiry and it’s answer is long and complicated to explain. His curiosity is natural though and Axolotl has come to expect such questions from others. Kyber seeks to understand and the leviathan cannot fault him for it; as a harbinger for Atlan it falls upon him to act as guide and teacher for those who are willing to accept Them and learn. “It is a faith held by the wolves of my natal pack, Nootka Sound, since before it’s founding. It’s origin is murky at best, each elder had their own version of the story. When I was a boy I left the Sound with my older sister and brother. On our way to the pack we sought to join I nearly drowned. Though I had been a Atlanian at the time I was a novice with still much to learn. To become an Atlanian you must train and commit yourself to all the responsibilities Atlan demands of us. Anyone can train but the ritual at the end of training decides if we become an Atlanian or not. If you survive you are blessed by Atlan and if you do not Atlan claims your life.” Axolotl pauses to draw his salmon pink tongue across his jowls, feeling the dryness of his mouth, evidenced in the cracks of his voice. He needs fresh water and he needs it soon.

“Twice I have been blessed by Atlan. Not many apprentices survive the initial blessing. It is almost unheard of that an Atlanian receives it twice.” Often times Axolotl has wondered if he is special or if his survival instincts are just extremely strong. Perhaps, he thinks, it is a bit of both. He pauses in his lesson as they approach the fresh water source, his steps ceasing only when he reaches the bank and takes a long, deep drink from it. Not enough to make him sick but enough to rehydrate himself and sooth his raw throat. Salt water is unkind despite that it is claimed they were all born of it. “Not many apprentices live past the ritual. Atlan is neither good nor are They evil. They simply are. They can be generous, as you’ve witnessed today or they can be cruel.” Three years upon the earth most of them spent in service to the Sea he knows Them intimately; or at the very least likes to think he does. “There is no template for how Atlan chooses his Atlanians. It is, as it has always been, a gamble.” Axolotl thinks this is consistent to the deity, though. They are unpredictable and thus there is no guidelines and no prediction to how or why They choose Their Atlanians. When his thirst is sated he takes a step back and draws his tongue across his jowls to collect the loose droplets of water that cling to the soft, short fur of his muzzle though small droplets linger upon his chin where it has dribbled and slid down his throat and chest.

“Atlan is not exactly benevolent and They are rarely merciful.” Today, Axolotl expects, They were simply in a good mood and felt generous enough to allow the ritual in attempts to help the trouble chimera to happen. Kyber appears rather enamored by Atlan and while Axolotl appreciates it and is glad to see it he feels it is his duty to remind the chimera that this is not always so. He must know and remember the truth of the Sea's nature or else it could end very badly for him.
she spoke to the king in me
and slept with the beast
Messages In This Thread