Wild Berry Meadow you were coming across as clever, then you lit the wrong end of your cigarrette
girl-gang boss princess
284 Posts
Ooc — Mini
dont worry, be happy c:
you cracked mae's shell :o

Soon enough, the man confirmed her suspicions, he was a foreigner.
Maera hummed, she had never heard of the pack he spoke of so like him, she let the comment slip. He then added a brief, pretty straight forward, explanation for his departure of this Gnarled Oaks he spoke of, and went on to ask for reciprocation. Maera stirred in place, her skin itching once more but this time not because of the intensity of the sun on her back, but because she had never truly said aloud what had happened back in the Glacier. 
When her travel companions and the wolves of the Solstice had asked of her past she had avoided the question and managed to steer the conversation away from those dark places.

She could do that now.
But for some reason, she would later try to make sense of, she didn't.
What you don't let out you die with, right?

Besides, it wasn't as if the stranger cared too much probably.
Perhaps everything she told her would be forgotten in the morning. It'd be forgotten, but known by at least another soul, and that to Maera seemed good enough.

"My parents led the Glacier" she began, "I arrived when i was just a baby along with my three siblings: Jokull, Valtyr, and Lárusshe continued, taking her time to pronoince each one of her siblings names, they felt dry, like they were covered in dust from all the years without being used.  The mention of them, left a bitter, metallic taste in the Sveijarn's mouth.

She swallowed and went on, "One day, Lárus was gone. He was taken by a lynx" . Breathing was starting to prove itself a harder feat than she thought, but somehow, she still went on. "That broke us. All of us" she recalled, as the image of her father leaving and her mother's mental health crumbing. Even if they were the adults and had a better grasp of what had occurred all the Sveijarn children had had their heart broken that day. 

"My father left to search for him, and my sister did too. Soon they all left" she barked, despite the story she was telling Maera's voice never faltered. She did not seek his pity. She was simply answering his question as best as she could. "i stayed in the Glacier by myself for a while, but they never returned, and the Glacier really wasn't the same anymore" she concluded, although if she were to be precise, it all had changed after Lárus' dissapereance, not until her mother left for the second time, and finally for good. 
[Image: girl_gang.png]
Messages In This Thread
RE: you were coming across as clever, then you lit the wrong end of your cigarrette - by Maera - June 18, 2017, 08:32 PM