Silver Creek this is all i can give you for your hearts and your souls
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
sorry about the wait on this! :0 also, i apologize for arturo being such an ass, heh.

There is a narrow of Arturo’s eyes as he watches Howl’s posture change. On neutral territory or not, Arturo is still and would always be Ceannasach. He would always be a king among men whether it is acknowledged or not. His own posture does not change as he stares at Howl, concerned now that Teaghlaigh is the role Sovereign nation in the Hinterlands and that therefore it means Arturo is in command of it, at least this is how he sees things. “You’re right,” The gangster surmises. “I don’t.” Arturo can be as subtle and as charming as he needs to be but he sees no reason to be either here and now. He does not expect the blunt truth to go over well but he doesn’t care. He’s never been a beast to beat around the bush and fill someone’s mind with false words that he does not mean. If he wanted to be a kiss ass he would not be Ceannasach.

Howl owned up to it but it doesn’t change the fact that it had happened. The woman that had brought him there was no better, either. Teaghlaigh had had it’s fair share of fickle beasts and Arturo had no time and furthermore no patience for those that would waste his time, unintentional or not. His time is precious, after all. Neither does Teaghlaigh as a whole deserve it, either. Arturo is always up front about the commitment of Teaghlaigh and offers plenty of chances to walk away before the initial meeting is concluded, no hard feelings. Once the deal was sealed, well, that was a different story. Arturo is not in the business of abnegated deals, after all.

“I didn’t ask.” Arturo points out, smoky timbre of his voice unattached and cool. It was a question that Arturo had already answered and presumes that Howl has misunderstood him and therefore does not deign to repeat himself lest his carefully composed facade of patience wear terribly thin. It has become increasingly obvious that nothing remains of Silver Creek and if wolves remained still in the Hinterlands they did not linger here.
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread
RE: this is all i can give you for your hearts and your souls - by Arturo - July 06, 2017, 04:39 AM