Big Salmon Lake on my mind
9 Posts
Ooc — Alex
"He's certainly out of breath, isn't he?" Thought Anne, eyes curiously following the grey male as he approached the edge of the lake. From her distance, it was hard to make out much else about him. He was downwind, so she couldn't even use a scent to tell anything else about him. Not that it mattered, she was going to approach him regardless. His entrance was welcomed, though it did interrupt a particularly whimsical daydream. Making her way closer to him, walking along the edge of the lake, she gauged perfectly the distance from which he'd be able to hear her, and at that exact moment, she began.

"Hello! Isn't it just beautiful here in the evening? When the sunset reflects on the water? Beautiful can't begin to describe it. You must have come here to see it, too, haven't you? That makes the two of us! Oh, oh, wait!" A safe distance away, she stops, as she is able to see now that he is not just out of breath from running, but also crying. Her face changes, expressing genuine concern and confusion. "Oh, no!" She continues closer to him, at this point a bit closer than might have been polite for two strangers, though that would never cross her mind. She would stop about 6 feet from him. "This is absolutely the worst time and place to be sad! Though it is sort of romantic, isn't it? Sorrow by the lake at sunset!" It's obvious she's pleased with herself. It would be hard to get a word in edgewise with Anne. "That sounds sort of lovely doesn't it? But never mind that. I'm Anne, it's my distinct pleasure to meet you, my melancholy friend." 

Inspecting him closer now, she sees he is about her age, perhaps a bit more grown. Thorns stuck in patches all over his pelt. What a mystery! She notices the tremble of emotions running through him and though she had decided to give him his turn to speak, it's something she nearly can't help. "What's happened to you?"
Messages In This Thread
on my mind - by Eljay - June 15, 2017, 01:21 AM
RE: on my mind - by Anne - June 15, 2017, 10:48 AM
RE: on my mind - by Eljay - June 16, 2017, 01:19 AM
RE: on my mind - by Anne - June 16, 2017, 09:11 AM
RE: on my mind - by Eljay - June 19, 2017, 02:19 AM
RE: on my mind - by Anne - June 22, 2017, 01:39 PM
RE: on my mind - by Eljay - June 27, 2017, 12:35 AM