Big Salmon Lake on my mind
9 Posts
Ooc — Alex
'Patience, Anne!' She reminds herself, trying hard to keep her face polite, though it's a little obvious she's impatient as she allows time for him to speak. In this brief moment of silence, she is allowed time to notice things about the stranger she wouldn't normally. He doesn't seem to be very interested in conversation. 'Understandable. Sadness isn't the most friendly emotion.' But even so, it didn't occur to Anne to ask if he wanted to be left alone. He seemed almost frozen, surprised maybe, and for a moment Anne wondered if he would do or say anything. 

He seems to gather himself up the best he can, and Anne is visibly relieved just the same. "I can understand that, I'm sure. I've been lost a time or two myself though I can say that I don't think I've ever been stuck in brambles before. Does it hurt? I'm certain it's not comfortable. Would you like some help removing them?" Taking a good-natured step forward, she continues speaking at such a pace and volume that it could be hard to catch every word even if you were very diligent. Her words are well-formed and clear, but the speed can be hard to keep up with. "There are so many packs, aren't there? I've only been in one myself, as I was born into it, but from what I've been able to detect in this area there are quite a few packs, and big ones at that. My pack was just me and my uncle and my auntie, who is terribly serious, and my brothers and sisters and cousins. One time we were - Well, you probably wouldn't like to hear that story right now considering the sorry mood you're in. But maybe later. At any rate," Finally, a breath, "I don't currently belong to a pack. And it's quite the shame if you ask me." Anne's great joy to meet a set of ears has taken over a bit.

Settling down onto her rump, she allows her tail to rest on the muddy bank of the lake and paint her fur dirty as she tosses it idly. "So you must belong to a pack then, don't you? Oh what a joy that would be! I haven't met a soul from a pack yet. They keep quite to themselves, it seems. To which pack do you belong? Oh! And you still haven't told me your name!" Her eyes are wide with anticipation, and a happy grin is set in her face like a jewel.
Messages In This Thread
on my mind - by Eljay - June 15, 2017, 01:21 AM
RE: on my mind - by Anne - June 15, 2017, 10:48 AM
RE: on my mind - by Eljay - June 16, 2017, 01:19 AM
RE: on my mind - by Anne - June 16, 2017, 09:11 AM
RE: on my mind - by Eljay - June 19, 2017, 02:19 AM
RE: on my mind - by Anne - June 22, 2017, 01:39 PM
RE: on my mind - by Eljay - June 27, 2017, 12:35 AM