Redhawk Caldera Don't be afraid to catch feels
311 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
He made a mental note to seek Raven out eventually. He'd never been close with his dark-haired sibling, but he felt it important to catch up with her, especially after ousting Wildfire from the pack. Raven had wandered away in her youth much like he did, but he felt a kinship with her for the fact that they both came back. Presumably, she hadn't intended to seek another life elsewhere. Nightjar's departure wasn't for want of a better pack, either, something he faulted Wildfire for even to this day. He still knew no better leader than his own father.

"You're probably right," he agreed, turning his body slowly and shooting a glare at the cave. It was useful to know of its location should they have need of it again, but Nightjar thought he would rather be swept away in a tornado than forced underground again. His good ear twitched back toward his younger sister when she spoke again and he swung his head back her way, with the bad one falling uselessly to the side.

"We can patrol," he offered. For some reason, he was reluctant to spar with her. Nightjar wasn't great at going easy on anyone. She was Redhawk stock all right, but Towhee was a juvenile and a girl, and he (cockily) thought it wasn't even a question of who would win that fight. She would prove him wrong eventually, no doubt. "I am," he confirmed, "since I was pretty young. More of a guard though." He once aspired to be a guardian and a warrior too, but that was before he left the pack. Fighting with loners for their scraps in order to survive took the joy right out of it, as it turned out.

"I thought you wanted to teach me your tear-oh the next time we met," he wondered, gesturing with his nose for Towhee to lead the way.
Messages In This Thread
Don't be afraid to catch feels - by Nightjar - July 03, 2017, 08:53 AM
RE: Don't be afraid to catch feels - by Towhee - July 03, 2017, 12:33 PM
RE: Don't be afraid to catch feels - by Nightjar - July 03, 2017, 06:31 PM
RE: Don't be afraid to catch feels - by Towhee - July 05, 2017, 08:19 AM
RE: Don't be afraid to catch feels - by Nightjar - July 13, 2017, 04:56 PM
RE: Don't be afraid to catch feels - by Towhee - July 14, 2017, 03:10 PM
RE: Don't be afraid to catch feels - by Nightjar - July 22, 2017, 02:19 PM
RE: Don't be afraid to catch feels - by Towhee - July 24, 2017, 09:43 AM
RE: Don't be afraid to catch feels - by Nightjar - July 25, 2017, 11:24 PM
RE: Don't be afraid to catch feels - by Towhee - July 28, 2017, 03:21 PM
RE: Don't be afraid to catch feels - by Nightjar - July 31, 2017, 07:45 PM