Northstar Vale some of my storm recognized some of your rain
his crown was ever changing made as it was by leaves and berries of the season
228 Posts
Ooc —
your post was perfect, no worries!

A faint wisp of sea salt ticked his nostrils carried upon the perfume of the Vale’s newest member Seabreeze, as if the sea, stubborn in it’s delights clung stubbornly to her fur. Perhaps, Mato muses she would always bear the salty tang of the coast upon her, which again spurs his desire to pay the coast a visit. The sound of her approaching footfalls did not come as a surprise and there is a twitch of his ears given as he holds tight to his earthly tether and breaks his concentration to glimpse at her from the corner of his eye for a moment. Yet, when she speaks the starlit empyrean’s gaze lowers in full to give her the proper amount of attention, processing her question. Up close he notices, as his emerald gaze moves over her, that her fur is not just pale: it is threaded through with sandy blonde and russets, as well and her eyes are the color of a perfect, cloudless day.

He is amused by her question, wondering if he’d ever been asked that: or so boldly before. “I believe the question is who looks at the night sky and does not find the stars bewitching?” He inquires with a playful coyness, a soft hum in his throat. “The night sky is radiant with beauty and each star has a defining role to play, especially in their constellations, and each constellation has it’s own tale.” Some, admittedly, are much more sad than others, he thinks but does not voice this aloud. “Constellations and their positions change with the seasons and so long as you know how to read them correctly and remember where they sit each season you can navigate by them.” So long as one knew how to read them they would never get lost, Mato believes: they would always guide the navigator back home. “And if you are inclined to believe such things some claim that soothsayers can be predict futures by the stars but I imagine a master astronomer could be the only one to pull that off.” Mato remains on the fence about that, but is not totally inclined to write it off. He is no master (yet), after all.

Speaking about the stars is an easy way to lose Mato if one did not remind him that they were there; but Seabreeze does not yet need to draw his attention back to her for he offers her a glimpse to see her reaction to his words in his plight to prove that being an astronomer was an extremely useful trade.
Messages In This Thread
RE: some of my storm recognized some of your rain - by rip gemini - July 16, 2017, 05:07 AM