Cerulean Cape i let all my love rot inside me
even hell is holy
460 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
Cascada trails the sandy beaches of the island. Most of the time, she feels trapped. There’s plenty of the island she hasn’t explored but the fact she can’t leave constantly reminds her of the prison she’s found herself. The sandbar had been destroyed during the storm and what is left isn’t easy to cross. She’s never much tested her swimming skills but she’d washed up over here somehow, with whatever she could call swimming at the time. All she knows is she doesn’t want to stay here anymore and she needs to find a way over, whether or not her intentions change to come back for those she’s grown close to, no matter how few.

The sandbar still breaks off from the island in one particular sandy spot but after several yards it dips back down into water. Low tide is among them, at least (not that she realizes what that means), and gives her a little shallower, not so angry waves around her.

Swimming can’t be that hard, can it?

She puts her feet into the water. It is much heavier than fresh water and it stays with her longer. Her coat often feels thick with salt and humidity. How any of those taking residence here does it is beyond her. Slowly, she takes another step, and then another, until she can no longer touch the bottom and she has to float. She steels herself with a heavy breath and begins the trek and swims with more effort and energy than she probably has.

Eventually, she fins another bank of sand that she drags herself upon, shakes out her fur, and takes a few moments to catch her breath before she starts again. She can at least see the mainland’s shore from her and with another breath, she crosses the distance with more struggle than efficiency and eventually washes up further down the shore than intended. Cascada drags herself up to her feet, shakes her fur out again, and tries to get through the sand without too much clumping to her legs making for a rather unpleasant trek inland.
do you want to break me like you were fourteen
and someone dared you to break the law?
Messages In This Thread
i let all my love rot inside me - by Addie - July 23, 2017, 04:23 PM
RE: i let all my love rot inside me - by Addie - July 24, 2017, 06:14 PM
RE: i let all my love rot inside me - by Addie - July 30, 2017, 11:21 AM
RE: i let all my love rot inside me - by Addie - August 14, 2017, 05:16 PM
RE: i let all my love rot inside me - by RIP Wintersbane - August 16, 2017, 03:56 AM
RE: i let all my love rot inside me - by Addie - August 19, 2017, 08:22 AM
RE: i let all my love rot inside me - by RIP Wintersbane - August 20, 2017, 04:22 AM
RE: i let all my love rot inside me - by Addie - August 28, 2017, 09:05 PM
RE: i let all my love rot inside me - by RIP Wintersbane - August 30, 2017, 04:06 AM
RE: i let all my love rot inside me - by Addie - September 04, 2017, 07:00 AM
RE: i let all my love rot inside me - by RIP Wintersbane - September 04, 2017, 08:25 AM