Brecheliant
Family
a hundred mini dreams and a healing scar ♥
2,114 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
Eljay listened eagerly to the history recited to him. He wanted to learn as much as he could about Drageda, and realised as Arlo told him of the pack that Eljay knew little about Redhawk Caldera's past before he had come there. As far as he knew that pack had existed for generations, too, but he was not sure. He didn't know any of his or the Redhawk family's grandparents and before Wiffle, there hadn't been any pups he knew of, so maybe it was more recent than he had always thought.

He nodded several times as he listened to the story. Did the Heda have multiple packs? He was surprised, but didn't make note of it. He wondered if she would leave Drageda occasionally to visit her other packs but was too afraid to ask dumb questions. "Wow, that's a rich history," he said with a soft smile. Then the question came, and Eljay felt the smile fall off his face while he recalled the fight with mommy.

"I... I had to. I mean, not like they chased me out or anything, but just... I dunno, I felt like I wasn't doing any good," he cut his words short there as he realised how poor he was presenting himself, then continued awkwardly, "I mean, not that I wasn't good, but they had — my younger brother was also really good at puppysitting, so I felt they had enough paws, y'know..? I just... Thought it might be better for everyone if I'd try to find my own place." He didn't mention the fight with mommy, unable to think back to it like that and unwanting for Drageda to find out he had left because his mommy yelled at him. He wanted to make a good impression and this was the closest to lying Eljay had ever come, even if he hadn't technically told any untruths. It was still plain to see on his face that there were emotions and that it meant a great deal to him to be unable to live in Redhawk Caldera still.

The pair of them talked for just a little while longer before Eljay decided it was time to continue looking for some way to prove his worth again and bid Arlo good bye.

editting in an ending ^^
Messages In This Thread
'til it's gone - by Eljay - July 27, 2017, 07:23 AM
RE: 'til it's gone - by Arlo - July 30, 2017, 08:09 PM
RE: 'til it's gone - by Eljay - July 31, 2017, 04:00 AM
RE: 'til it's gone - by Arlo - August 13, 2017, 07:11 PM
RE: 'til it's gone - by Eljay - August 16, 2017, 04:45 AM
RE: 'til it's gone - by Arlo - August 19, 2017, 08:12 AM
RE: 'til it's gone - by Eljay - August 21, 2017, 09:27 AM