Duck Lake A whole new world
5 Posts
Ooc — Cheyenne
It seemed the little squirrel was at ease, at least as much as one could be when confronted with a predator several times their size. They claimed to not be a wolf, yet a ground squirrel, a relevation to Ceara; two sides of the same coin, she was instead familiar only with predatorial wolves, bears, foxes and the like, and conversely on the other side, what was known to her as simply "food." Though now, she had a name to the face: ground squirrel. Thus, she was a bit confused when Dharma mirrored a question, what's a wolf? Never before had Ceara considered that point of view; why, wolves were world famous! With a gasp, Ceara woofed "Why, I'm a wolf, the kind-of-scary animals that probably try to make you their dinner - We're not all the same though, I swear!" at least, not when they were as full as she was. Plus, Ceara was probably a bit more needlessly excited and a bit more dim than the average wolf, who'd have probably gobbled the little creature up by then. Ceara didn't mind passing up what others would see as a free meal, though - she was happy and couldn't complain about being in pleasant company. "You ever come across my kind before? There seems to be a lot round' these parts" wondered the curious wolf - good news for the wolves, but bad news for the prey. 

The squirrel, questioning her seemingly faltering confidence in her own name, offered her own name, Dharma. "Dharma, I like it-" repeated the wolf, feeling the word on her tongue though curious as to the meaning behind the name, she continued "What's it mean?" she'd never heard such a word before, though the same could be said of her own name. "Oh, how I love the name 'Ceara-' it's what my ma called me when I popped out and it has stuck with me ever since, don't get me wrong though, I think I could do with a catchy nickname-" yet despite all her thoughts on her travels, she couldn't pin it down. Cool Cat Ceara? Too pretentious. Slimy Cee? Too.. Slimy. Not to mention, kind of ridiculous. 

Dharma revealed she was not a native of these lands, but rather, a traveller like herself: "You've come a long way then, huh? Me too! You miss em'?" mind flitting from topic to topic, Dharma once came out with another shocking revelation: no deer? The delicacy of the wolf world? Ceara figured it would be a sad existence without the venison delight, but she seemed to have a different diet entirely. Pupils scrounging the setting once more, Ceara sought a potential meal for Dharma as a sign of peace - though, it wouldn't be polite to scutter off mid-conversation, so Ceara sat expectantly and eagerly awaited a response from the creature.
Messages In This Thread
A whole new world - by Dharma - July 31, 2017, 06:58 PM
RE: A whole new world - by Ceara - August 02, 2017, 12:05 PM
RE: A whole new world - by Dharma - August 02, 2017, 07:53 PM
RE: A whole new world - by Ceara - August 03, 2017, 06:27 AM
RE: A whole new world - by Dharma - August 04, 2017, 08:01 PM
RE: A whole new world - by Ceara - August 07, 2017, 10:28 AM