King Elk Forest -- even if you were upside-down, i would be beside you
his crown was ever changing made as it was by leaves and berries of the season
228 Posts
Ooc —
since mato's timeline is an absolute mess i'm going to say that he met with sebastian on his way to the vale (even though that's not exactly consistent to that thread b/c i said he hadn't came into contact with nova ....but oh well!) xD *messes up the timeline even more*

Aerlinn dismisses his subtle invitation to share and the druid offers her a dip of acknowledgement to her wishes and does not pry; though a twitch of his left ear and slight rise of his brow is given as she announces that she does have news to share. She has decided on her trades, she speaks. Counselor. It fits her, the imperial thinks with a gleam of approval in his candescent gaze. The truth was, though, it would not have mattered what trade(s) she decided on: that choice belonged to her and regardless Mato would never scoff. They are all useful, all important to a pack: that was one of the whole ideals behind Tindómë after all. So that all trades get their due recognition and that the latter of hierarchy is one determined by one own’s ambitions and will to put forth the effort.

“It suits you,” The druid surmises aloud in a soft hum, eyes grazing over her as a maestro studies a painting: not to look for flaws but to simply admire. She lifts with a confidence that he had not detected before and the Morwinyon notices. “Good.” The empyrean is pleased to hear it. He does not want to have to chase anyone from the pack but if he cannot be consistent with his laws then …he would have a big issue. An issue that was avoidable and one that, mind, he would rather avoid all together. Even if it makes him cruel for craving impartiality; but being seen as a leader who is inconsistent ( especially when he preaches equality and has designed his ranks to cull favoritism ) is measurably worse.

Seabreeze lulls him from his contemplations, as she inquires about his journeys. He almost tells her that, no, he has nothing much to note but pauses himself before the words can follow through and spill from betwixt his lips. That would not be expressly true. “I reunited with my father. I informed him I was leaving the Vale and I spoke of Tindómë. I am to visit him at the Caldera once we are founded and settled,” Mato’s thoughts flicker to Nova but even as she pops into his mind he knows he will not ask her to go along. She had expressed hatred for that place, after all. If Sebastian wishes to see her, perhaps Mato could convince them to meet half way. “If you’d like to, perhaps you could join me?” Mato inquires and lowers his gaze for a moment, as if the druid is suddenly seized by bashfulness. “I would like for you to meet my father, and likewise for him to meet you.” But, Mato would not push. It is an invitation, after all, and she has the right to decline it if she thinks he is rushing by taking her to meet his remaining parent.
Messages In This Thread