Blackfoot Forest somewhere inside, I hope you still see me just the way I was before I walked away
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Shhh you’re fine ♥ Take as long as you need each time, it’s all good. Love this thread too much to not continue with it. (´ω`)

He let her cry, his cheek pressed against the back of her head, keeping her in his embrace. After being apart for long, he wanted to be there for her at last, giving her the shoulder that she needed to cry on. He wanted to take her worries away, leaving her with a clear mind and unburdened heart—he wanted to make up for all of the times that he hadn’t been there, for all of the milestones he’d missed out on and the pain he had caused. Kove cared for her more than he could anything else—he felt the same towards Desna, Sesi, and even Alexander. Each of them was his child, however long they’d been away from one another, and he couldn’t feel anything less than undying love for them. Yet, he couldn’t voice these feelings, tongue-tied and mind jumbled. All he could do was gently shush her and say, “It’s okay,” over and over again, wanting—needing—to ease her suffering.

The second she opened her mouth he pulled back and stared at her with wide eyes, frantically shaking his head. “No, no, no,” he said, the words rushing out of his mouth. “Why would you think that? It could never be your fault.” His gaze softened and he closed the distance between them once more, nudging her chin with his nose. “It wasn’t your fault, Nanook. Don’t for even a second think that it was—you did nothing to cause what happened.” His heart ached, learning that she blamed herself. But how could she think any differently? He hadn’t been there to explain what had happened, he hadn’t been given the opportunity to assure her that everything was alright, that it was his fault. “If you’re going to blame anyone for us splitting up, blame me. Nanook—” he exhaled and shook his head. Blame me. For everything. It was my fault. I wasn’t there for you and your siblings, I wasn’t there for your mother…” He’d chosen to chase after a ghost, rather than stay behind and look after his family. Because of his decisions, his actions, everything had fallen to ruins.

I’m sorry,” he whispered, voice strained. “I’m sorry for everything. I wish I could go back and change so much of what I did but I can’t, and I have to live with that—you shouldn’t. You’re too young to have such a heavy weight on your heart. It wasn’t your fault.” How could it be? She had been the perfect daughter, so bright at such a young age. She could do no harm, cause no problems—her existence could only bring joy to her parents, Kove especially.