King Elk Forest -- carried on a breeze, you'll never find me, i'm gone
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke had liked the name Seafart, but it seemed that her actual name was Seabreeze. It sounded... not like her. Her glance had been confident and not that of a submissive little female. However, the female then offered another name. Brienne. Burke gave a quick nod. "I like Brienne far better," he spoke. Perhaps because it sounded a bit like the female version of his own name. "Burke," he returned. It was short and easy to remember in his opinion.

"Habit of mine. I've been an alpha for most of my life and I'd like to be up in the morning. Have a stroll around the territory and freshly mark the borders etc," he shrugged lightly as he sat down. He watched her separate the good meat from the bad. "Plus when you get older you spread your sleep over 24 hours. You need more during the day and less at night. Not sure if I like being old yet," he admitted. For Burke, it was clear that he was older. He couldn't do the things in his prime and in the morning he was stiff all over. But he noticed the more exercise helped with the stiffness. He just needed to keep walking.

The male glanced at the female as she backed off, leaving the meat open for his to claim. Burke had not expected that but appreciated it. He took a chunk and started to wolf it down. It was clear he was hungry. The long travel from Redhawk to King Elk had been long for him. And he hadn't eaten that well before he got to this pack. However, as an older wolf, he also didn't eat as much as he would have done in his prime. When he had eaten enough he backed off, leaving a good meal for the female. 'How did you meet my grandson. You seem to like him," he spoke, perhaps teasing lightly. It followed by a small burp. The elder hummed happily, full finally. Seabreeze caught him in a good mood. The food seemed to heighten his overall good mood.
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist
Messages In This Thread
RE: -- carried on a breeze, you'll never find me, i'm gone - by Burke - August 21, 2017, 03:36 AM