Blackbeak Bluff And the rings i am breaking
280 Posts
Ooc — e
Rogue
Away
Étoille pauses mid-step, expression growing alarmed by her sudden reaction. He does not immediately connect his question to her fear, and so goes on alert, eyes sweeping the area for some threat - a bear, perhaps - despite the complete lack of scent. But then the femme speaks and the beast puts it together. His brow knits. 

What on Earth could possible cause the man to run her off. He supposes she could have murdered children. But even then, perhaps there was a reason for it. And looking at her, she did not seem the murderous type. "I do," he says, but it doesn't seem to matter because she speaks right over him.

Her story is brief but belies much more. "I see," the man says. What else is there to possibly say? "That sounds rough." Even he can recognize that his reaction is weak, but it is the best he can muster. Still, he manages to add: "I would never run you off, Mirabelle," dark eyes serious as they study her downturned face.

This does explain her.. odd reticence, though he'd chalked it up to personality. The dirt on her when they'd met. Her anxiety. Perhaps even why she'd wanted a traveling companion. Not that he minds; it suits him to travel with her, regardless of her intentions. Étoille feels the stirrings of protectiveness in him. However long they traveled together, he will ensure her safety. There is not much that could threaten him, at least. He straightens up and dips his head, a formal gesture to sign off his previous statement.
Messages In This Thread
And the rings i am breaking - by Étoille - August 23, 2017, 10:26 AM
RE: And the rings i am breaking - by Mirabelle - August 23, 2017, 07:06 PM
RE: And the rings i am breaking - by Étoille - August 23, 2017, 07:36 PM
RE: And the rings i am breaking - by Mirabelle - August 23, 2017, 07:45 PM
RE: And the rings i am breaking - by Étoille - August 23, 2017, 07:54 PM
RE: And the rings i am breaking - by Mirabelle - August 23, 2017, 08:09 PM
RE: And the rings i am breaking - by Étoille - August 23, 2017, 08:48 PM
RE: And the rings i am breaking - by Mirabelle - August 23, 2017, 09:26 PM
RE: And the rings i am breaking - by Étoille - August 23, 2017, 09:50 PM
RE: And the rings i am breaking - by Mirabelle - August 23, 2017, 09:56 PM
RE: And the rings i am breaking - by Étoille - August 23, 2017, 10:08 PM