Wheeling Gull Isle just you and the moon on my skin
you ain't seen nothing like me yet
391 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Botanist

Hemlock searches his gaze for something - anything - of the man that she knew. The man she loved. He wears the same skin but he looks different, acts different, responds in ways she did not expect. Perhaps it is the second place wife feeling; knowing that she saw the fierce love he had given Lotte and their children and knowing that she will forever live in Lotte's shadow. It is a place that she had placed herself. It is what she feels is 'right' - but this is not what she had expected of their children. Not when Arturo had wanted them too, had wanted to be present for them and with them. He comments on their looks and she knows it too, her viridian gaze shifting down to tenderly bask in their son and daughter as he did. "They are," She comments quietly, kissing the skull of one child and then the other. The question of their name brings about a slight hum of contemplation, this is something they'd only spoken of briefly. It almost seemed oddly superstitious to her now but she was worried all the same; it still astounds her that their children were here and nestled against them. 

"Droman and Reed." She said with pride, touching her dark son to anoint him his name and her bright daughter only a moment later. "Droman is a Gaelic name for Elder woods; Reed, well. It goes without saying." Arturo may not be as versed as she (though not many were if she was honest) in the subject of plant names but both her children would carry these names proudly. "I was thinking of having Ceallach or Eirlys give them names Lotte might have picked." This is barely above a whisper, speaking anything of their lost wife hurts her deeply. She was still worn out, a little shiver running along her spine as she looked up to him. "Would...would you stay close tonight?" She misses him - she misses her husband, his warmth, even the most simple touches from him. But she cannot command him here - and she cannot promise she will want him as close tomorrow either. She knows she has been distant and that their whirlwind lives have taken them far in the past week - how could it barely be a week

If only it was possible to go back to how things were not so long ago. 

available for naturalist and medical threads just tag her!
i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.

[Image: naturalist_master.gif] 12/20
Messages In This Thread
just you and the moon on my skin - by Hemlock - September 18, 2017, 04:16 PM
RE: just you and the moon on my skin - by Arturo - September 18, 2017, 05:29 PM
RE: just you and the moon on my skin - by Hemlock - September 18, 2017, 07:48 PM
RE: just you and the moon on my skin - by Arturo - September 19, 2017, 04:12 AM
RE: just you and the moon on my skin - by Hemlock - October 02, 2017, 11:49 PM
RE: just you and the moon on my skin - by Arturo - October 05, 2017, 03:42 AM
RE: just you and the moon on my skin - by Hemlock - October 15, 2017, 12:44 AM