The Heartwood things lost to the flames
I HAVE BURNED THE CLIFFS OF DAMASCUS
24 Posts
Ooc — Kati
Although Varick never cared for the abrasive scent of coast and the way the sand matted between the thick fur between his pads, he treated her story delicately, for he understood what loss felt like.  

He had never had a sense of obligation, but she had shared her story with him and he nodded dutifully.  Do not be ashamed of sharing with me, Miyako.  I am sorry for the loss of your father.

Perhaps it was the devestation of the Heartwood that made him so vulnerable, perhaps it was that her story so closely resembled his own.  He sat in silence for a while before deciding to divulge his own shady history. I was born to Charlemagne Rangvaldr of House Azorius, he began, looking up to the barren sky revealed by the naked branches overhead.  The Azorius Syndicate was located inside a mountain, with three packs at its feet.  Each had their own lord, but Father ruled over them all.

He shut his eyes and lost himself. I was raised first as a warrior.  I trained under our head Mercenary.  When I was still young, my father was murdered.  House Orzhov — my uncle, took over.  Varick sighed, standing once more to pace around. 

My older brother and I were placed under a ward to be groomed as heirs once we got old enough to replace Orzhov.  When my brother disappeared, the focus was shifted on me.  My ward protected me.  I was supposed to be killed.

He could feel the anger rising up in him once more, and his tall, tapered ears flattened against his neck.  I hid in the lower regions of the packs at the base of the mountain, gathering followers and building a resistance to Orzhov's rule.  The night we were to attack, an engulfing fire razed down the forest.  Many wolves died.

I pressed on.  I was determined to slay the man who killed my father.  I failed.  I was put on an unfair trial before the council for attempted murder and exiled.

He casts her a glance, realizing he has spoken for far too long and shared more than she had probably bargained for. And now I'm here, he finishes unelegantly, his lips tightening.
ɪ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴏɴᴇ ᴀᴄǫᴜᴀɪɴᴛᴇᴅ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛ
Messages In This Thread
things lost to the flames - by Miyako - September 24, 2017, 12:49 PM
RE: things lost to the flames - by Varick - September 24, 2017, 01:36 PM
RE: things lost to the flames - by Miyako - September 24, 2017, 01:44 PM
RE: things lost to the flames - by Varick - September 24, 2017, 02:09 PM
RE: things lost to the flames - by Miyako - September 24, 2017, 02:33 PM
RE: things lost to the flames - by Varick - September 24, 2017, 02:47 PM
RE: things lost to the flames - by Miyako - September 24, 2017, 03:00 PM
RE: things lost to the flames - by Varick - September 24, 2017, 03:28 PM
RE: things lost to the flames - by Miyako - September 24, 2017, 03:38 PM
RE: things lost to the flames - by Varick - September 24, 2017, 03:49 PM