Blacktail Deer Plateau There’s someone I’ve been missing
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
ooc: Osprey's goodbye thread. @Atticus @Peregrine

Osprey hadn't returned to Peregrine after their row, because her plans hadn't changed and nothing she could tell him would make him happy. He had his own troubles to deal with and she didn't want to burden him more. To take her mind off the unfinished business with him, she began preparing for her journey. The first thing she did was to move out of Blue Willow's den, having found a temporary place to stay. The next - she hunted as much as it was possible in her state to get more strength. The wilds didn't welcome the weak after all and she had no idea, how long her adventure would take.

The only thing that she had not decided yet was, when to leave. Somehow the right moment got postponed day after day and it was both irritating and frustrating to her. There was the need to resolve things between her and her brother on one side and the fear of another quarrel and rejection on the other. However something that had happened this morning had convinced her that it was time. She had gone to practice fishing in the nearby river, splashing around more than actually catching one of the fish, when something had caught her eye.

At the bottom of the shallower part of the river lied a fist-sized rock, in a beautiful honey-brown color reflecting the early morning sunbeams. It was beautiful and in a way reminded a little sun itself. Osprey went over to examine it and eventually dipped her muzzle in the water, grasped the rock and pulled it out. She stared at it for a very long moment and felt, how her sadness disappeared, as if someone had pushed the clouds away from the sun. She knew, what she had to do.

Several minutes later she was standing near Peregrine's family home, holding the rock between her jaws, her heard beating hard against her ribcage because of the effort it had taken her to run the distance here. She put her gift by her paws, let out a quiet bark and sat down to wait.
Messages In This Thread
There’s someone I’ve been missing - by Osprey - May 21, 2014, 08:48 AM
RE: There’s someone I’ve been missing - by Atticus - June 02, 2014, 10:00 PM