Blacktail Deer Plateau There’s someone I’ve been missing
214 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
As Osprey said her final goodbyes and then made for the borders without further ado, Atticus felt a piece of himself being removed from his heart and taken with her. He knew he'd never feel complete again until his sister returned and restored their family to what it had been, or at least what they'd all managed to cobble together in the wake of Tyrannus's destruction. He hated seeing her leave them like this, hated seeing what it did to Peregrine who was, by no small measure, far closer with Osprey than the rest of them were. As bad as he himself felt, he knew it was exponentially worse for his brother.

These thoughts hit home when he felt Peregrine sag on him, deflated and dejected. His brother's voice was strained and Atti knew that while Perry might not cry now, there would likely be some big tears later. Peregrine begged Atticus to promise him that he'd always be here, and for the briefest instant, Atticus wondered if he could truly make that promise. The temptation to depart and follow his sister and, at the very least, ensure her safe passage until they reached more familiar territory, was pretty powerful in that moment. But he thought of his beloved little nieces and nephew and knew without a shadow of a doubt that his place was here. He leaned against his brother's shoulder and draped his neck over Perry's shoulders, a gesture of comfort, support, and warmth. "I promise," he said softly, feeling it deep in his heart. "I'm not going anywhere, bro."
Messages In This Thread
There’s someone I’ve been missing - by Osprey - May 21, 2014, 08:48 AM
RE: There’s someone I’ve been missing - by Atticus - June 02, 2014, 10:00 PM