Chimera Fields you expose the film in me
280 Posts
Ooc — e
Rogue
Away
Private 
for @Mirabelle. around 9/27-9/28. <3 woops i wrote you a novel

we're drawing rings around the world

Thus far the second scouting trip has been uneventful. Étoille supposes this is a good thing insofar as avoiding conflict, and he had not anticipated news this early into their journey anyway. It is strange to be retracing his steps so soon after committing them to the earth the first time. It is odd to think that only a matter of weeks ago he was making this journey in reverse, ambling his way towards Drageda's borders with no sense of purpose. And to think how much he's changed in such short time - still not a man of ambition, but he carries responsibility well. He thinks of Furi back home (and what a strange thing, to have a home), safe with her caretaker.

The purpose of their journey is heavy enough Étoille does not give himself room for idle fancy. He is their guide and he is confident in his leading thus far, but it occupies much of his thoughts. That said he cannot help but think of Mirabelle in passing moments. Perhaps it is odd to be hung up on someone he's known so briefly but there was something about the woman that stuck out to him. The urgency of her presence, maybe, the intensity of her past, so strongly constrated against his own lacksadaisical existence. 

Well. There is no use dwelling. It is early when the titan slips from their party - not far, merely taking the opportunity for a bit of solitude. He likes Drageda and its inhabitants, but he is still not a social man by any standards. That is the rub for being put in this mission, still wet behind the ears as Kru, though he would never find it in him to complain about such a thing. 

On his way north he'd passed through these fields but briefly. (He'd left rather quickly after his encounter with the woman in the quarry, an awkward thing with the overt affections of women and men). Now he takes the opportunity to linger and enjoy the rising sun, admiring the way the light touches the field, bathing the wildflowers in a warm glow. The division of the field is striking but Étoille sticks close to the eastern half, letting himself appreciate a moment amongst the flowers.
Messages In This Thread
you expose the film in me - by Étoille - September 28, 2017, 09:39 PM
RE: you expose the film in me - by Mirabelle - September 28, 2017, 10:46 PM
RE: you expose the film in me - by Étoille - September 28, 2017, 11:04 PM
RE: you expose the film in me - by Mirabelle - September 28, 2017, 11:47 PM
RE: you expose the film in me - by Étoille - September 29, 2017, 12:03 AM
RE: you expose the film in me - by Mirabelle - September 29, 2017, 12:17 AM
RE: you expose the film in me - by Étoille - September 29, 2017, 12:29 AM