Fairspell Meadow If the heavens ever did speak
Raise a glass to freedom
129 Posts
Ooc —
:)

The stars were bright tonight - perhaps the sign of better times to come, but Horosk was not usually one to believe in such things and his opinion had not changed now. The night was dark now, the burning light of the sun already out of sight - the land was plunged into darkness, and yet Horosk had no trouble seeing. The outlines of trees and rocks were visible, the edge of a forest was close, he knew, but that was not his targetted location. Those woods were not appealing in the slightest, rather holding an eerie aura that he decided not to trifle with. A scent pulled him out of his trance - one so sweet and soothing, that for a moment he became lost in his thoughts once again. He dreamt of home, and all those within it, and then he realised. His heart jolted, but he dared not turn around. My mind is playing with me - even my own brain seems to enjoy tormenting me. He would not turn - would not face the reality that nobody was there, it was just those memories washing up to taunt him, mocking him over the things he'd lost. 

The strangled noise that reached his ears, however, was not one he expected. Immediately snapping out of his dreamlike state, the man turned with hackles raised and ears pressed close to his skull. Before he had any time to react, however, a figure launched toward him and he collapsed under the sudden presence of their weight upon his body. Horosk almost growled, struggling, until the weight was removed and he caught a glimpse of their eyes. He knew those eyes. He knew. And his heart raced at a million times per second, each beat like a painful throb in his chest, the rise and fall uneven as he stared in utter disbelief. Her words only confirmed it, and the man was left speechless.

"Mira," He choked out, blinking rapidly as he tried to shake his mind, trying to wash away the image that he was sure was simply an illusion - another trick from his tired eyes. But to no avail, for the figure he saw was most certainly real. And he wasn't sure his heart could take it.
Messages In This Thread
If the heavens ever did speak - by Horosk - October 05, 2017, 12:04 PM
RE: If the heavens ever did speak - by Semira - October 06, 2017, 07:39 AM
RE: If the heavens ever did speak - by Horosk - October 06, 2017, 04:55 PM
RE: If the heavens ever did speak - by Semira - October 06, 2017, 08:59 PM
RE: If the heavens ever did speak - by Horosk - October 10, 2017, 10:44 AM
RE: If the heavens ever did speak - by Semira - October 10, 2017, 04:35 PM
RE: If the heavens ever did speak - by Horosk - October 11, 2017, 01:49 PM
RE: If the heavens ever did speak - by Semira - October 18, 2017, 08:19 AM
RE: If the heavens ever did speak - by Horosk - October 25, 2017, 11:56 AM