Sunbeam Lair I found peace in your violence.
69 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
For Chusi, sorry this is rubbish!

An awkward encounter with a fearful wolfess in the meadow had caused Talion to withdraw, turning his attention to the Eastern mountain range. He lived there quietly for a number of days, tucked away from the world while he weighed up his options on how to proceed. As much as he'd like to, the young Roux-Abrhen knew he couldn't stay alone; Winter had begun to take hold of the Teekon, causing the temperature to plummet and the flora to die. He needed the support of a pack, as was evident in the narrowing of his flanks.

The morning dew glistened, frozen, on rocky surfaces as the raven-tipped yearling abandoned the little hollow on the mountainside he'd used to rest. He eyed the slick ice curiously, aware that the higher he travelled the colder and thinner the air would become. Still, Talion didn't know what he was looking for, exactly. All he hoped was that he'd know in his core when the opportunity presented itself, at least for the duration of the cold season.

The sky remained murky, pale grey clouds lingering ominously and masking the highest points of the nearby mountains. Talion did not acknowledge them, focusing instead on his footing and trying to follow a less treacherous route. What he did not expect was for the path to lead him toward the mouth of a cavern, where he paused to investigate. Sniffing around the entrance for fresh scent markings to indicate a claim. Finding nothing, he was content to move on past and continue Northward - until a low thrum of thunder rolled across the heavens. Obsidian ears pricked, Talion looked up briefly before hunching his shoulders and entering the cave, half expecting a downpour to follow the rumble.

The hollow was much larger and deeper than the boy anticipated, and he looked around as he stepped gingerly across the cold stony floor. The clack of his claws echoed throughout and daylight broke through, breaking the darkness with pale rays. Frosty eyes glanced up, just in time to witness the first fluttering of snow he'd seen since the previous Winter, observing solemnly as it floated gently downward.
Messages In This Thread
I found peace in your violence. - by Talion - November 01, 2017, 11:25 AM
RE: I found peace in your violence. - by Chusi - November 03, 2017, 04:51 PM
RE: I found peace in your violence. - by Talion - November 10, 2017, 03:01 PM